Appreciating this game

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Appreciating this game

Post by AK_Marty »

Bernie, does that mean Lewis has a Slime poo eating grin :?: :?: :shock:
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

CrazyBernie wrote:
Palog wrote:
AK_Marty wrote:Don't forget your Air Shield spell. A must have for dealing with Fungal Slimes and Goblin Archers.
Clearly, many parts would be rather rude for a mage too without this spell. No class can really do without this spell I think, that's why I didn't quote it.
Pshaw! You mages and your reliance on puny spells. My fighter can catch arrows with his teeth! :mrgreen:

I will say that Fungal Slime poo doesn't taste very good though. >.<
That's nothing: my fighter can pick up arrows with his super gauntlets and toss them back at the archers! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But he doesn't catch Slime poo because it corrodes his gauntlets... :(
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

AK_Marty wrote:Bernie, does that mean Lewis has a Slime poo eating grin :?: :?: :shock:
Nah, he rinses with Demon Oil. :twisted:
King_ov_Death wrote:That's nothing: my fighter can pick up arrows with his super gauntlets and toss them back at the archers!

But he doesn't catch Slime poo because it corrodes his gauntlets...
In Soviet Russia, Slime poo catches you! :shock:
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

CrazyBernie wrote:
AK_Marty wrote:Bernie, does that mean Lewis has a Slime poo eating grin :?: :?: :shock:
Nah, he rinses with Demon Oil. :twisted:
Ah, a sparkling smile and flammable breath :!: :D
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Palog wrote:
IJBall wrote: You will need to get INT (or WIS, for Healers) up to INT=20 (or WIS=20), so that you can read Tier Three spell scrolls.
At end of game I could not max level of last spells but that's not so important. I think it's INT 41 the highest requirement.
Huh. That's odd - were you at Level 31 in Elemental Magic at that point?

Because if you're at Level 31 in Elemental (or Divination), you should be able to cast Tier 3 spells up to Level 6 casting.
Palog
Marshall

Post by Palog »

IJBall wrote:
Palog wrote:
IJBall wrote: You will need to get INT (or WIS, for Healers) up to INT=20 (or WIS=20), so that you can read Tier Three spell scrolls.
At end of game I could not max level of last spells but that's not so important. I think it's INT 41 the highest requirement.
Huh. That's odd - were you at Level 31 in Elemental Magic at that point?

Because if you're at Level 31 in Elemental (or Divination), you should be able to cast Tier 3 spells up to Level 6 casting.
Ooops right I was level 21 (24 with a hat) and not 31. And yes you are right it's 31. :mrgreen:

I think that even in game I made a weird confusion between INT and Elemental!
ppd
Initiate

Post by ppd »

Wow! I had played this when i started this thread in 2009-2010, but didn't complete the game.
I started another replay last weekend, and have played everyday and just completed it!

I used the same strategy , a healer with good skill in Hide in Shadows and melee ability.
I haven't had so much fun with a video game in quite a long time, this was a blast!

I will say for this playthrough, I put more points into Cartography which made the game more enjoyable to me. I really found exploring and mapping the sections to be satisfying.
I also kept thinking there would be more level 3 spells, but then looked up afterwards there are just 3.

It wasn't too difficult, but was challenging at the same time.

I have the sequels through GOG so am looking forward to Book II, but think I will take a break first.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yay! Seriously brings a smile to my face to see people are still playing after all these years. Really happy you enjoyed it!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

ppd wrote: June 6th, 2020, 12:11 am I have the sequels through GOG so am looking forward to Book II, but think I will take a break first.
On the good side, your break between games now doesn't have to be as long as it was for those of us waiting for the next game to come out. :) Of course, as I recall, I replayed each game regularly while waiting for the next. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.