4 key goblin citadel question

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
JabaDaba
Initiate

4 key goblin citadel question

Post by JabaDaba »

pretty sure this is a spoiler*
hey new to this game and thread its pretty cool so far quick question im by the goblin citadel with the giants and i just realized i only have 3 of the 4 keys i need to get in. I have the red blue and green not sure where to get the other key or what color it is?
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: 4 key goblin citadel question

Post by Painted Lady »

I don't remember which colored key came from which place, but the one you are missing is gold. One comes from the wizard Erubor in Shadowmirk, one comes from the giant chief who gives you the Baron's Thicket quest, one comes from the goblin warlord in Vela and one comes from the goblin warlord in Grimmhold.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions...........
JabaDaba
Initiate

Post by JabaDaba »

hmm ive been to all those places i hope i didnt drop it i will check
JabaDaba
Initiate

Post by JabaDaba »

im pretty sure im missing the one from vela hmm should i just replay as other charc to vela and duplicate the key to this charc hmm i went back to vela and couldnt find they key
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

The Gold Goblin Key is in Vela. A Goblin Warlord will drop it when you kill him. Search through the whole town, you should find him sooner or later.
JabaDaba
Initiate

Post by JabaDaba »

is he by your brother?
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

JabaDaba wrote:is he by your brother?
I don't think so. If my memory is good, the warlord is at a room at the northeast tip of the town.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

King_ov_Death wrote:
I don't think so. If my memory is good, the warlord is at a room at the northeast tip of the town.
Indeed he is.

And JabaD may have missed him because you have to smash a barrel to get through the narrow passage between two buildings to get to the east side of Vela. To find the warlord, go northeast from there...
JabaDaba
Initiate

Post by JabaDaba »

crap i got the yellow key and made it into citadel level 1 accidently drank from a well and contracted fleshrot and saved........ any advice besides loading back. i tryed using a serum it didnt work wat potion should i find :?:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

JabaDaba wrote:crap i got the yellow key and made it into citadel level 1 accidently drank from a well and contracted fleshrot and saved........ any advice besides loading back. i tryed using a serum it didnt work wat potion should i find :?:
You probably need a potion of Cure Greater Disease. If you have alchemy high enough (can't recall the level, but I know there's a chart in the forums somewhere with all of the info) you can make it from charcoal and belladonna.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

JabaDaba wrote:crap i got the yellow key and made it into citadel level 1 accidently drank from a well and contracted fleshrot and saved........ any advice besides loading back. i tryed using a serum it didnt work wat potion should i find :?:
Did you use the Detox Serum?
If you did, it won't help you. The Detox Serum is only effective against poison. To cure Fleshrot, you'll have to make your way to any magic shop and buy a Potion of Cure Greater Disease.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
You probably need a potion of Cure Greater Disease. If you have alchemy high enough (can't recall the level, but I know there's a chart in the forums somewhere with all of the info) you can make it from charcoal and belladonna.
You need Level 10 (likely Level 7 + one Brewmaster's Ring) in Alchemy to mix a Potion of Cure Greater Disease.

Oh, and this is the Alchemy Skill Table, in case anyone's interested... :)
JabaDaba
Initiate

Post by JabaDaba »

thanks that helps
TNoyce
Apprentice

Post by TNoyce »

King_ov_Death wrote:
Actually, in my case I found the gold key in a chest in one of the outlying buildings, long after I had disposed of the Goblin Warlord.
Tim Noyce
mangafee
Pledge

Post by mangafee »

big thx on the gold goblin key, usually pretty thorough... guess not as thorough as i thought ;)... back to Vela!