Goblin Citadel Help

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Seco
Pledge

Goblin Citadel Help

Post by Seco »

OK so I'm in the Goblin Citadel, I've gone through nearly the entire first level, I've worked my way to the gate which has a pressure plate under it, so that if I try to go through it, it kills me. How does one get through it? If I first have to get into the spider room, I'd really like to know how to do that too.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Goblin Citadel Help

Post by IJBall »

Seco wrote:OK so I'm in the Goblin Citadel, I've gone through nearly the entire first level, I've worked my way to the gate which has a pressure plate under it, so that if I try to go through it, it kills me. How does one get through it? If I first have to get into the spider room, I'd really like to know how to do that too.
Notice that there are switches nearby the gate that kills you?

The hint I'll give you is that you may need to activate one or more of the switches 'at range'...

Hope this helps! :)
Seco
Pledge

Post by Seco »

Well sorry to say but, no, I don't see those switches, is it possible there's a corruption code?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

It's too late for this character, but with enough endurance it's possible to increase your health to the point where you won't die.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Randomizer wrote:It's too late for this character, but with enough endurance it's possible to increase your health to the point where you won't die.
Reminds me of my character in Book II who needed to trigger a powder keg but was out of ranged weapons.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

SpottedShroom wrote:Reminds me of my character in Book II who needed to trigger a powder keg but was out of ranged weapons.
Seems to me that, with enough strength, a hapless goblin ought to count as a ranged weapon.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Evnissyen wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:Reminds me of my character in Book II who needed to trigger a powder keg but was out of ranged weapons.
Seems to me that, with enough strength, a hapless goblin ought to count as a ranged weapon.
Now THAT would be an excellent feat for unarmed fighters!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

SpottedShroom wrote:Now THAT would be an excellent feat for unarmed fighters!
Hey: imagine a Bag of Holding filled with dead (or bound and gagged) goblins?

In the Avernum games: goblins are treated as training dummies and target practice, for starting players to get their XP up. In Eschalon Book I they're the end-boss.

Eschalon is not Avernum.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.