Release date?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Heh, I didn't even know what Mass Effect was before reading your post! :? Man, am I really that far off of "mainstream" gaming?!

Well, at least we beat them to market. Score: us 1, them 0.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Heh, I didn't even know what Mass Effect was before reading your post! :? Man, am I really that far off of "mainstream" gaming?!

Well, at least we beat them to market. Score: us 1, them 0.
Mass Effect is an actiony space game with some RPG elements for consoles only. Im way too old for that kind of game.
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

Huzzah on the very near release date! A big congratulations on the game reaching release status, that's a fantastic accomplishment! I've been craving a good RPG lately but haven't wanted to replay anything I already own, so the timing is excellent.

Of course I'll have to cut into my wine budget to buy the game, but I suppose that's worth-while ;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
Grayth
Initiate

Post by Grayth »

"Pause" was invented for us old people.

Grayth
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Mr. Fed
Initiate

Post by Mr. Fed »

Major congrats on the impending release. Huzzah!
Popehat -- a blog of humor, politics, and gaming. Now 35% less ugly!
PaSquall
Steward

Post by PaSquall »

Congrats !!! :D
I should be able to buy the game before the end of the year. Good...
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

Gratz, BasiliskWrangler! :)

P.S. From what I've seen of Mass Effect, it and Eschalon will not have very much in common even if both are dubbed RPGs. Genres and platforms aside, Mass Effect will be an action RPG and we all know what that means...
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Leej
Apprentice

Post by Leej »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:The Mac version is coming but we need to get the Windows version out of the way first. The Intel Mac version is actually up and running just fine right now. We've still got to get the Mac installer done and do a couple weeks of testing. I think the Mac version will be ready to go before Christmas.

Oh yeah, can somebody send me an old PowerPC Mac? :lol: The one here in the studio seems to be dead! Apple.com doesn't appear to even sell PPC models any more. Hmm, I guess I need to check craigslist and ebay...
Sheesh, I'd be tempted to unload my old G5 PowerMac if I didn't have to drop $300 on an outdated video card for it! Curse you overly expensive Mac video cards!
First and foremost, congrats on getting this baby out! Woohoo! I am really looking forward to the before X-Mas release for the Mac!
artfoundry
Initiate

Post by artfoundry »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:The Mac version is coming but we need to get the Windows version out of the way first. The Intel Mac version is actually up and running just fine right now. We've still got to get the Mac installer done and do a couple weeks of testing. I think the Mac version will be ready to go before Christmas.

Oh yeah, can somebody send me an old PowerPC Mac? :lol: The one here in the studio seems to be dead! Apple.com doesn't appear to even sell PPC models any more. Hmm, I guess I need to check craigslist and ebay...
How about I trade you my dual G5 Powermac for your Intel Mac? :D

And when will the demo be available? I seem to remember reading you guys would release it at around the same time you release the game? I'm looking forward to trying this out. I've been playing NWN2, and while it's fun, it seems like the more advanced games get, the more I miss the old stuff, like Baldur's Gate....<reminiscing>....</reminiscing>
:-Dave
Teliol
Initiate

Post by Teliol »

I have been waiting for this news during the last year!
My congratulations!
NWL(r).
Siemova
Apprentice

Post by Siemova »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Oh yeah, can somebody send me an old PowerPC Mac? :lol: The one here in the studio seems to be dead! Apple.com doesn't appear to even sell PPC models any more. Hmm, I guess I need to check craigslist and ebay...
What're you looking to pay? :P I've got a 17" 2.0 GHz G5 iMac w/ 2GB RAM which I was already planning to replace with an Intel sometime soon. I thought I'd wait until Penryn iMacs come out, but if the price is right and it helps you out... :D Judging by prices on eBay and Craigslist in Houston, I might ask $750.
"What you embrace is what you become."
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Thanks Siemova- that's a bit more Mac than we need. I was thinking of a good G4. The reason is I'd rather have a lower-end Mac for testing purposes anyways, since our Intel mac is new.

Also, the PPC Mac is going to be used for light testing and compiling the game a few times, and that is it! I doubt that Book II will even be made available on a PPC mac when we get around to releasing it, so I have little intention of using the PPC Mac much beyond getting Book I out the door. I don't want to spend money that could go towards production costs on a computer that will get used so little.
Siemova
Apprentice

Post by Siemova »

Gotcha! That's completely understandable. I thought maybe you'd at least put out Book II for PPC as well, in which case the investment might be more worthwhile. Oh well; it was worth a shot. ^_^

In any case, looking forward to the impending release! Thanks for all your hard work, guys.
"What you embrace is what you become."
waltshooter
Apprentice

Post by waltshooter »

Okay ... now how about a release date for Linux? Got rid of both my Windoze and Mac, and find I miss the ol' "hack and slash". :wink: