Release date?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Gwendo
Apprentice

Release date?

Post by Gwendo »

I've noticed the order page and the download section, does this mean that the game is about to be released? Could you give us a release date?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

An official release date announcement will be coming probably next week. If all goes well on the final beta test, we will probably be ready to release the game sometime in the second half of November.
focus
Apprentice

Post by focus »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:An official release date announcement will be coming probably next week. If all goes well on the final beta test, we will probably be ready to release the game sometime in the second half of November.
Great news. Does this mean you have moved onto the 2nd wave of beta testers?
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Very exciting to see that we are drawing ever closer to the release of what I'm sure is the best RPG to come out for a long time.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
adamantyr
Apprentice

Post by adamantyr »

A friend asked me if I planned to buy the Witcher recently... I'm not sure yet. $50-60 for a new PC game is a steep price, and from what I've heard of it, I'll probably like it, but not love it. I may put it down as a "potential gift" on my Xmas list.

But there's no doubt in my mind about Eschalon. The wallet's at stand-by! Just give the word.

Adamantyr
GianMarco
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GianMarco »

adamantyr wrote:A friend asked me if I planned to buy the Witcher recently... I'm not sure yet. $50-60 for a new PC game is a steep price
Dude...you have no idea how lucky you are, id do anything to be paying that price for games here in AUS. The aussie dollar is up to about 91US cents now (http://www.rba.gov.au/Statistics/exchange_rates.html) and we are still paying 100-105AUD per game. Consoles are worse, 110-120!
But hey, theres always Ebay haha.
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him." - Helios
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

YES!!!! soon :D:D
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

This is great news! It is a statement about our brave new world of modern RPG gaming that I expect to get more of what I want from this indie game than the Witcher, MotB, and FO3 combined.
moldar
Apprentice

Post by moldar »

So, for those of us that are on a tight budget, is there any idea of the price?

Edit: $27.95 - from the other thread.

Woot!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

$27.95 is what we are tentatively planning on.

[Beat me to it] :wink:
Thoht
Apprentice

Post by Thoht »

So... what about the release date for Macintosh? :>
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

The Mac version is coming but we need to get the Windows version out of the way first. The Intel Mac version is actually up and running just fine right now. We've still got to get the Mac installer done and do a couple weeks of testing. I think the Mac version will be ready to go before Christmas.

Oh yeah, can somebody send me an old PowerPC Mac? :lol: The one here in the studio seems to be dead! Apple.com doesn't appear to even sell PPC models any more. Hmm, I guess I need to check craigslist and ebay...
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:$27.95 is what we are tentatively planning on.

[Beat me to it] :wink:

That's not bad at all for a game that will probably give us all more than 40 of game play and fun! I would actually pay more personally.

Great news on this game coming out soon!
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

The official release date seems to have appeared on the front of the website 9if not in the forum).

19th November .. to save you hunting for it.
Grayth
Initiate

Post by Grayth »

Good news on the release!

But, November 19th???

1 day before Mass Effect is released.

Grayth
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."