A word from Basilisk Games

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

A word from Basilisk Games

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

As we approach the release of our first game, I want to thank everyone here for supporting the project. Whether you've been following the development for two years or two days, we're very glad you are part of the game's launch.

I hope the game meets everyone's expectations. We've had a great time making it and are more excited than ever to continue on to Book II. As mentioned in another thread, I know that we can't please everyone and a few people will most likely be disappointed in some aspect of Book I. While we can't please everyone, we do listen to all of you. If Book I didn't meet your expectations, please let us know why. It all goes towards making Book II better.

If you do like Book I, please shout it from the rooftops! As a small developer we don't get even 5% of the coverage that AAA titles get in the press. We need you to spread the word! Blog about it, talk about it on other forums, send an email to your favorite game site and complain that you've never seen Eschalon coverage there. Book II's development is solely depending on the success of Book I.

I've mentioned this in several places, but let me say it here again: the Mac version is going to start testing this next week. If you really want the Mac version, I recommend waiting for it. We should have it ready to sell in just a few weeks. The Linux version will also enter beta in the next three weeks as well.

Okay, so now we're just waiting for the links to go active, huh? :twisted: Tick ... tock ... tick ... tock...
Jeng
Pledge

Post by Jeng »

Hey BasiliskWrangler,

Congratulations!!! I'm *really* looking forward to checking the game out!!! It looks like a LOT of fun :)

-Josh Engebretson
President
Prairie Games, Inc
Asharak
Apprentice

Re: A word from Basilisk Games

Post by Asharak »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Okay, so now we're just waiting for the links to go active, huh? :) Tick ... tock ... tick ... tock...
Should we take that comment as an encouraging sign regarding the possibility of a 12:01 a.m. EST release? ;)

I've been quietly lurking around here for about a year or so after seeing the game mentioned on Octopus Overlords. I hope the game is as fun to play as it is to read about.

- Ash
Greymark
Pledge

Post by Greymark »

Asharak wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Okay, so now we're just waiting for the links to go active, huh? :) Tick ... tock ... tick ... tock...
Should we take that comment as an encouraging sign regarding the possibility of a 12:01 a.m. EST release? ;)
That would be great, download at 12:01 AM, play for a few hours, a little sleep, off to work. Please let us know one way or the other if you can.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Congratulations. Wishing you every success for the launch. I'm eagerly awaiting the moment when it appears.
BasiliskWrangler wrote: Okay, so now we're just waiting for the links to go active, huh? :twisted: Tick ... tock ... tick ... tock...
It's already 01:20am on the 19th, here in Malaysia... oh if only time zones worked in more interesting ways I wouldn't have to wait the 13 hours for your time zone to catch up... alas that's not to be. Fancy moving to Malaysia for Book II? hehe
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
gragnak
Senior Steward

Post by gragnak »

Ehi Thom! I just started the advertising on my blog on gamecopyworld.
And I'm spreading the voice over my messenger contacts.
I hope you'll reach your well earned success!
furor vincit omnia
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Thanks so much for making this type of game, and great accomplishment in getting it finished!

Can't wait to enter Thaermore.
Qantaga
Pledge

Post by Qantaga »

I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow's release. I haven't been this excited over a new game release in a long time. I've posted about the game on some of the websites I frequent. Here's hoping for a very successful release.

Congratulations BasiliskWrangler! You've made quite an accomplishment here.

On a side note, it's nice to see you here Josh. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in Minions of Mirth, too.
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

I'll be making a brief list of gamesites I frequent and send a few harassing emails regarding Eschalon coverage-- good idea!

I can't believe more of the bigger sites don't at least have an "Indy Corner" where they occassionally mention great indies like this one.
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

Countdown....
"FUL IR"
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

I look forward to trying out the demo tomorrow. :D
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

2:35 until 19th here :) Soon...
Gwendo
Apprentice

Post by Gwendo »

Good luck!

I'm eager to download the demo tomorrow night, when I'm back from work. :)
salend
Apprentice

Time Stamp

Post by salend »

Looking forward to midnight.

DanS
Sol Invictus
Initiate

Post by Sol Invictus »

Starting to get excited here. I must find something to do for the next seven hours.