Who will you play?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Old School Gamer
Initiate

Post by Old School Gamer »

Cool, it sounds pretty flexible then, I suppose I'll just need to see it to get the idea of it.
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

Right. Your chosen class will give you one free skill at creation, but from that point out you can choose whichever skills you want regardless of your chosen class.

From what I recall of the demo, your class does not interfere with which skills you can take, but your stats do play a role. So while a Fighter can take magic skill ranks, he probably won't have the stats to really benefit the magic ranks, and by taking one set of skills you sacrifice another. So the fighter can learn magic, but probably won't be as good at it and will have given up at least one other fighter-oriented skill to take the magic.

It all struck me as more a balancing game than your class by it's nature interefering with choices.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I'll have to read the manual and study it a bit since there is only one person doing stuff. I think I'd tend toward a thieving mage or ranger/mage or healer. I like long distance killing of enemy, ie. with bows or xbows and of course long distance spells. I'm not into fight close and ask questions later type. :lol:
I think I'm going to have to get braces for my wrists to keep carpal tunnel to a minimum, what with playing Escalon AND Avernum 5. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Sol Invictus
Initiate

Post by Sol Invictus »

Yep, Eschalon and The Witcher will keep me quite busy and entertained for some time. I guess I will go with a Ranger/Rogue type. Who needs spells when you have the sight of an eagle and a mighty bow. :wink:
Tomereader
Initiate

Post by Tomereader »

Hmmn not many people choosing magic users, oh well I'll try them all when the mac version is finished
Gods it's wet here