Buying the game for different platforms

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
bearro
Apprentice

Buying the game for different platforms

Post by bearro »

If I get it right, if I buy Eschalon II I get a code that works with any version of the game, whether it's Windows. Linux or Mac. How is it with Book I? Do I have to buy windows and linux version separately, paying for them twice?
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Buying the game for different platforms

Post by xolotl »

bearro wrote:If I get it right, if I buy Eschalon II I get a code that works with any version of the game, whether it's Windows. Linux or Mac. How is it with Book I? Do I have to buy windows and linux version separately, paying for them twice?
You do have to choose one version when you buy the game, but if you send an email to the support address with your purchase details, BW will activate a link to any of the other platforms for you.

It's a bit cumbersome, and probably why Book II is packaged differently, but you only have to buy it once to get whatever platforms you need.
bearro
Apprentice

Re: Buying the game for different platforms

Post by bearro »

xolotl wrote:
bearro wrote:If I get it right, if I buy Eschalon II I get a code that works with any version of the game, whether it's Windows. Linux or Mac. How is it with Book I? Do I have to buy windows and linux version separately, paying for them twice?
You do have to choose one version when you buy the game, but if you send an email to the support address with your purchase details, BW will activate a link to any of the other platforms for you.

It's a bit cumbersome, and probably why Book II is packaged differently, but you only have to buy it once to get whatever platforms you need.
Ok, it's not a problem, being done once, important point is one does not have to pay twice, great news!