Accidentaly drunk potion of absolute restoration

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Hrodas
Pledge

Accidentaly drunk potion of absolute restoration

Post by Hrodas »

Hi all, on beginning of my playing I have drunk potion of absolute restoration.

Now I can not pass into barrier range because i have no clearance, because sick man can not give me any, because I did not heal him.

What should I do now? I do not want to play from begging.

Is there alchemist recipe for that potion? (I did not find any on this forum, nor in any shop)

Or alternative question, Is it important to go to Barrier range region (next to border town)?

Thanks for answers
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Accidentaly drunk potion of absolute restoration

Post by Randomizer »

You have lost one way to get through the game, but there are other ways. All you have really lost is some experience and loot.
Average Joe
Pledge

Post by Average Joe »

I drank it, too, moments after I got it from Father Michael's chest. However, it instantly poisoned me, and I died a few turns later.

Not sure if that was a bug or what... seemed odd that a potion designed to heal would poison you. I had Dungeon Fever at the time, you see, and hoped it would heal me. Too bad, I guess.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Average Joe wrote:I drank it, too, moments after I got it from Father Michael's chest. However, it instantly poisoned me, and I died a few turns later.

Not sure if that was a bug or what... seemed odd that a potion designed to heal would poison you. I had Dungeon Fever at the time, you see, and hoped it would heal me. Too bad, I guess.

Things aren't always what they seem in this game. :) This is a fantasy world after all, not the real world. :wink:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!