THANK YOU BASILISK!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Gothmog
Marshall

THANK YOU BASILISK!

Post by Gothmog »

Just one word about the Game: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

And for the Basilisk: THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Its just amazing what youve done!!
"FUL IR"
skavenhorde
Initiate

Post by skavenhorde »

Just wanted to say thanks also. I've only been playing for about 30 minutes and so far I've killed a few salamanders and learned to make sure I'm far away when I cast spells :)....Anyways, love the music, the graphics and the game. Keep up the good work.
Ricochet64
Initiate

Post by Ricochet64 »

Agreed Great Job Basilisk ,really enjoying this got to lvl 2 this morning unfortunatley i have some errands to run then will be right back at it :D
OneEyedJack
Initiate

Post by OneEyedJack »

Bravo, Basilisk! I'm only a small way into the game, but the mechanics are something I've been wanting to see for years. Great job.
salend
Apprentice

Excellent game!

Post by salend »

Kudos guys. The quality and professionalism show through from the opening menu. I am about an hour into the game and loving it!

DanS
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

I've been wandering around checking forums here and there for RPG games for thoughts on Eschalon thus far. What I'm glad to see, and expected, is the sheer diversity of in-game experience people are having with different character builds and how those builds affect how the game is played.
With so many cRPGs railroading you into a specific playing style, it's nice to see a game come along that is open for everyone.

No small feat I'd have to say.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

I've just been playing the demo, I did finally get my hands on it, but I took some time out to specifically come here to congratulate you on an absolutely brilliant game. I can see that I will get many many hours of fun out of Eschalon. It's been well worth the wait! Anyway this is by necessity a brief note since I'm rushing back to play more.

As an aside, my wife is miffed that she can't choose to make herself a female character. Bear that in mind for Book II ehh? She's furious, she's hitting me here because I'm not conveying her fury well enough. hehe
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
citizendragon
Apprentice

Post by citizendragon »

Thanks again for releasing a demo so we can check out the game first.
Will definately purchase this game....great fun.
Galahad
Pledge

Post by Galahad »

Yes, thanks a lot for a great game! I just finished the demo and have bought the game just now.

The atmosphere of the game is nice; the ambient light, the sound of nature and you surroundings. Also I like the focus on equipment and character, not to mention place descriptions and dialog. It really makes a game great when you can use you own imagination to make the world in you own image. It is like old times, when I was playing games like Eye of the Beholder or Ultima IV. I do miss that feeling of game play, like in the first Dune game - where I was afraid to do something wrong even though there was I save feature, it just felt so real - not like real life, but story real, like in a book wher you care about the hero.

Also I like what I've read on the board so far - there is a nice atmosphere here. I think it is connected with the spirit of the game. :)
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

yes, a really great game you created there.
i even put "the witcher" aside to continue playing your game.
Greyloch
Initiate

Post by Greyloch »

Yup, cool game. I made a Warlock with some rogue and unarmed combat skills today, and am enjoying playing him quite a bit. Very fun stuff.
"You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master." -Ronin
DoberMann
Initiate

Post by DoberMann »

Just played the demo yesterday for a few hours, and i must say you did a fascinating game Basiliskgames! I like the smooth UI with the nice icons, the great sounds and musics, the superb graphics, the awesome intro, etc. Can't wait next month when I purchase the game.
Lucifiel
Apprentice

Post by Lucifiel »

Ooh boy, by the reactions, this game must be great. I haven't tried the demo yet 'cos uhh... I've got Missing, Secret Files: Tunguska, Divine Divinity to finish. I'll at least try to finish Secret Files first and DD, so I can give the demo a shot. :)
skavenhorde
Initiate

Post by skavenhorde »

vid wrote:yes, a really great game you created there.
i even put "the witcher" aside to continue playing your game.
Same here. At least with Eschalon you don't have to wait a half hour to load the next area. Nice and quick.

This is a really stable release. I haven't encountered one bug yet. Great job squashing a lot of the bugs that always hang around RPG games :)
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Thanks a lot indeed.

The sounds are particularly well done. The wings bruise of the bats in an unlit cave is wonderfully nerve racking...

I found the game mechanics real nice and the feeling of belonging to the world is here. I will definitively want to know who I am...

The only things that I would really love to a some charts that would help understand the relationship between characteristics/skills/action in the world. Is it linear progression or kind of exponent making 20 so much more than 15 ?

So thanks again and I hope the Linux version will come soon so I could definitively get rid of my XP hard drive ;-)
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.