Walking Speed!!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
TRD
Pledge

Walking Speed!!

Post by TRD »

Hello all,

I came across this game by chance and am very impressed. The only thing stopping me from purchasing it is the walking speed. Is there any way to move faster, its so frustrating to take forever to move around.
TRD
Pledge

Post by TRD »

Please ignore, i changed the graphic settings to 16M and OpenGL and it made a massive difference.

Fantastic game!!!!!!!!
Fleisch
Marshall

Post by Fleisch »

I may be the only one, but I don't find the walking speed slow. If I walked any faster, I'd walk into a bunch of salamanders.
artfoundry
Initiate

Post by artfoundry »

Yeah, I was experiencing slow walking as well - basically any time there was a lot to draw on the screen, walking would slow by like half (the difference was really easy to notice when comparing outdoors to dungeons).
But thanks to your discovery, once I changed from directx to opengl, speed picked up a lot! Much better now (though opengl doesn't seem to draw quite as nicely, but it's relatively minor I think).
:-Dave
Asharak
Apprentice

Post by Asharak »

Maybe it's because I'm using OpenGL (and have been since installing the game), but the walking speed has never bothered me.

- Ash
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

Fleisch wrote:I may be the only one, but I don't find the walking speed slow. If I walked any faster, I'd walk into a bunch of salamanders.
Nope you're not the only one :) I find the walking speed just fine :)