Brother not in Vela!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Snonskoid
Apprentice

Brother not in Vela!

Post by Snonskoid »

The quest to seek your brother in Vela, I got there and he was missing! Is this a bug, or did i just not get there in time?
Can I still complete the rest of the game?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Brother not in Vela!

Post by Vroqren »

There is a bug that sometimes causes this. It is crucial that you do NOT save after this, especially not in the slot you use most often. If you can, reload your game before you started Vela. If not, delete the map of Vela from your Eschalon Book I folder. That will reset the map. It is possible to complete the game without finding your brother, though I have forgotten who to speak to after your brother. My Eschalon Book I got corrupted, so I can't help you there. But, if you decide to finish without your brother, know that you're missing out on a lot of experience from finding him. For one, the quest to actually find him can't be completed. For another, speaking to him adds a quest to your journal, which can't even be gotten if you don't talk to him. It is also possible that you just aren't looking in the right place, though I doubt that. Just remember, that your brother is as far west, and north as you get in Vela. Hope this helped, if not - I'm sorry, I can't help more.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

You can still go to the wizards' tower and talk to Erubor and move forward with everything. It's not a bug that causes the brother not to be there, but him getting killed by the taurax guard or one of the goblins if you're not fast enough (or if you're using something like Supernova or splashing demon oil around, you can accidentally kill him yourself).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Snonskoid
Apprentice

Post by Snonskoid »

Many thanks!