Lillith

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
noname
Marshall

Lillith

Post by noname »

I don't want to read too many of the comments about Lillith here because of spoilers, but isn't she supposed to give me a quest or something? All she talks about is some general info about the area. Of course every time I leave her house I get chased back by a battalion of bugs and she helps me kill them. Got a lot of experience that way. But other than that there seems to be nothing there except her locked room with chest which I am unable to get into. I've been to the adjacent areas and killed all the bees and even found a hive but nothing there. There must be more. Thanks
dickesKind
Initiate

Re: Lillith

Post by dickesKind »

She should give you the quest to kill the Hive Queen.

Regards...
Last edited by dickesKind on June 8th, 2011, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

You need to have the Strange Amulet that you found in the crypt in inventory after you kill the Hive Queen for Lilith to give you the next quest.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Don't understand, do I need to get the strange amulet from the crypt before she will give me the quest to kill the hive queen? Or do I just need the amulet to get the next quest from after killing the hive queen. As it is now she will not give me any quest. Like I said, I've seen the hive, or what looks like a hive, and there is no queen there. But I imagine I need the quest to kill the queen before she will appear. So how do I get this first quest to kill the queen from Lillith?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

You will be required to get the amulet before you talk to Lilith to get the quest. You still have hope though - go get the amulet and talk to her again, she'll give you the quest. I believe what you saw was not the hive, as I have heard numerous accounts of people killing the hive queen, before getting the quest from her. Even if you do that, you can still get some experience I believe, though not as much.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

OK- I got the amulet and gave it to Lillith and she told me to kill the hive queen and bring her the stinger. Can't find queen. Found the hive that I mentioned earlier. It is in the area just south of Lillith, central forest I think, there is a dead end containing a corpse, campfire, tent, and chest then the hive. It sure looks like a hive and I have seen nothing else similiar. No queen, never was. Lillith said it should be near the whislling caves, it ain't. The sign says bee infestion to the SE, which is the whistling cave again. Could I have killed the queen without knowing it? Wouldn't she have been tougher than the other bees and left a stinger. Did I break the game by not going to the cemetary first for the amulet? Help! :( Edit: While in the shower the obvious occured to me. I was too immersed in reality and forgot this is a fantasy world. Maybe even BW doesn't know that bees don't do this, or maybe he does know and decided that this is his world and the hive is going to be wherever he wants it to be!!! I'm going to go check this out right now so you all won't think that I am stupider than I really am. :oops:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

As you walk along chasm farther to the south of the lake there is an entrance to the Whistling Cave. You can't miss the queen because once you see her you know this is it.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Thank you, as you will note from my edit above, my incredible flash of brilliance regarding the obvious was right. Queen was pretty easy to kill. Now to figure out what those 6 levers are for in the cave.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

That is not required, though it is quite a fun diversion. Hey Basilisk Wrangler, can you add BBCode for spoilers? That would be nice on this forum. Anyway, Noname, if you don't want a spoiler, don't read this next part ~~If you flip the bottom left, top left, and middle right levers, it will unlock. If that doesn't work, try it the other way around. When you get in there, you will have to fight another bee, that if I'm not mistaken is a little bit harder than other ones. When you get to the chest, note the sign. Decode each letter into a number - A=1 Z=26, and add them up. That's your pin number.~~

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

No, I just hit her with fire dart. I wondered what those kegs were for. In fact there are a lot of kegs scattered around in this game. I see no use for any of them. You can't pick them up like in Book 2.
dickesKind
Initiate

Post by dickesKind »

If there are no enemies around and you find them at an interresting spot, you should blow them up. Sometimes they reveal a hidden passage or someting.
And sometimes you can try to integrate them in your tactic to fight a superior enemy force. As far as my experience goes, they are never useless.

Regards...
Last edited by dickesKind on June 11th, 2011, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

I was always afraid of blowing them up in case they were a part of another quest I hadn't recieved yet. IN the whistling cave I did blow up a couple of kegs at the end of a tunnel and then I could proceed a little further into the cave-in, but since I couldn't carry kegs to further remove the cave-in it didn't help any. Besides it looked like the tunnel just met up with another passage I had already been through. Just a short cut, but I didn't need it by then. Figured out the lever puzzle there. only reward was a little gold, I keep wishing for a super artifact or something I can use. I have noticed that in Book 1 there doesn't seem to be nearly as many magical armor and weapons as in book 2.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Vroqren wrote:That is not required, though it is quite a fun diversion. Hey Basilisk Wrangler, can you add BBCode for spoilers? That would be nice on this forum. Anyway, Noname, if you don't want a spoiler, don't read this next part ~~If you flip the bottom left, top left, and middle right levers, it will unlock. If that doesn't work, try it the other way around. When you get in there, you will have to fight another bee, that if I'm not mistaken is a little bit harder than other ones. When you get to the chest, note the sign. Decode each letter into a number - A=1 Z=26, and add them up. That's your pin number.~~
I can't. But the next version of this forum software is right around the corner, and I believe it has "spoiler code". We'll update as soon as we can.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I can't. But the next version of this forum software is right around the corner, and I believe it has "spoiler code". We'll update as soon as we can.
Sweet, thanks Basilisk!

Jin_
Initiate

Post by Jin_ »

I got the amulet ( i think ) and i got Hive Queen quest from Lilith, i completed it and bring the sting, BUT now when i talk to Lilith she says something like "come back with amulet". Is it triangular shaped one she wants? I had it on my inventory.