Locket (spoilers)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Locket (spoilers)

Post by dogeddie »

Krista in Bordertown gave me a quest to find a locket for her in Grimmhold. I cleaned out Grimmhold a while back, and if I lacked a key, I probably bashed any doors down that I could not open. I can't say for sure that I found a locket, but I may have sold it? Can't remember. If I did am I screwed for the quest, or will the game place the locket where it is supposed to be because I initialized the quest? I don't really care to search Grimmhold all over again, because as I said, I don't think I left anything behind. Thanks.
scottintacoma
Pledge

Re: Locket (spoilers)

Post by scottintacoma »

I dont think you can sell Quest items, so you should go look for it.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Actually, minor side quest items you can sell. However, just to be sure, the locket is...

SPOILER COMING, DON'T LOOK!

In a side table in the room with the ladder down to the maintenance level from the West side.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

Thanks for the help. I'll see if it is still there.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

It may be in the next room after that with the exit to the garden. It's been a while since I played through Book I. Definitely right in there, though.
---

dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

Looks like it's gone :cry:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

As I recall, it's a minor amount of experience and far from game-breaking. Just remember it if you decide to do another run-through (I think I did Book I about 11 times with different builds).
---

dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

It's hard to tell which of the things I collect I should keep
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I understand. Aside from main quest line items (which vendors will tell you look important so you should keep them), everything else is hard to figure out if it has a purpose or is just stuff to sell. These games do not hold your hand with most of that stuff. The good news is that not completing every side quest in no way damages your ability to complete the main storyline.
---

dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

Well stupid me. I had the locket all along. I guess the thing that messed me up is that I had the locket in my possession when Krista gave me the quest, and sort of thought she would've noticed or asked me for it or something. And I think I got locket and amulet messed up in my head as well. No excuse. My bad. Sorry I am a dumb ass. :oops:

On another note someone in a post I read here made the statement "Alchemy pays off if you want to max out your armor." I don't understand what alchemy would have to do with armor?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

dogeddie wrote:On another note someone in a post I read here made the statement "Alchemy pays off if you want to max out your armor." I don't understand what alchemy would have to do with armor?
You can imbue up to +3 armor on each piece. In Book I, you need (as I recall, but you can check the chart linked in the FAQ) 15 Alchemy to get that. Each piece of armor can only be imbued once, though, so you want to be sure you have the ability to maximally imbue before you do so. 5 levels from the trainer, 2 from the book, and 2 Brewmaster's rings will get you to 13, so you'll need to add 2 point from a level-up.
---

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Also, be sure to do a save before you start imbuing. It is possible to destroy your favorite weapon or piece of armour if you put things in the wrong slot.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Actually, minor side quest items you can sell.
I accidentally sold "Secrets of Transference Circuits" on my first time through the game. That made me really mad, until I played through again and realised it was only worth like maybe 500 exp.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests