Hey am I supposed to kill Lillith?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
boru
Pledge

Hey am I supposed to kill Lillith?

Post by boru »

I'm roleplaying an easygoing type who doesn't like murdering every passerby because she might have an interesting locket. So, this shady character in Blackwater asks me to do in Lillith, and I naturally reply, hey she's a friend of mine and he pulls a sword, so we get into a fight and once I finish him off, I get a message that says one of my quests is gone, but I might be able to still finish the game. Huh? No quests are gone.

Since I'm not too interested in playing a game that I might still be able to finish, I reload and tell the shady guy, yeah, sure, whatever you say. I decide I'll play both ends against the middle and eventually find out what this dude is up to. Maybe a visit to Lillith will clear this all up? But no, Lillith still has the same default dialogs, about where she goes shopping and how bad this bad war is, et cetera.

Please no spoilers, since it's my first time thru. I know that "evil" quests are an rpg mainstay and you gotta include them. Just wondering why picking the "good" branch would result in a game that might not be able to be finished.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Hey am I supposed to kill Lillith?

Post by Vroqren »

Well, know that this post is a large spoiler

After you find out that your locket is a key to a vault inside that one bank, it's pretty easy to guess what her locket is. Well, what I always do is accept the quest, kill Lilith, and when I'm done with the key, I'll give it to him. The item inside of Lilith's Vault is the best sword in the game. I always used it, though you may want to sell it if you get it. Note: If you give him the key after looting her vault, he will attack you multiple times, and it's not an easy fight. There is no experience you miss out on from killing Lilith. After she tells you of the key, and you kill the Queen bee, she is useless. Of course, it's still your choice as to whether or not you decide to kill her. Have fun, and good luck!

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

You're ok. That quest is not essential to the main storyline. The message is a bit misleading.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Don't sweat it at all. My first two times through the game I didn't even talk to the shady guy.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
boru
Pledge

Post by boru »

Thanks everyone, wow you're fast.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

And ty to Vroquen for allaying my fears in very tiny text so i had to squint to read it. Thankfully it wasnt a spoiler for me since i am past the part ;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.