last door in the wine celller?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
redemption2021
Pledge

last door in the wine celller?

Post by redemption2021 »

Too many posts to rifle through and somehow no walkthrough mentions why i am retarded. I have spent 4 hours looking for a switch. Any help would be met with enthusiasm.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: last door in the wine celller?

Post by Painted Lady »

I'm not sure exactly which cellar you are referring to. Which map is it on?
voyager in night
Pledge

Post by voyager in night »

Do you mean the very first underground area, in the ruined town in which you start? I think I remember a 'wine cellar' reference ..
If so, did you get the key off of the dead thief? After that, backtrack slightly and there should be a lever in a sort of storage room to the south... it's a bit of a random guess, but I think that's the last door with a lever there (aside from the gate, which has the lever right next to it)

hope this helps
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

If you meant the first dungeon, down the staircase in Elderhollow (The town you start in), then I believe you must first go to Aridell. In Aridell, talk to the blacksmith, and he might give you a key that helps you later on in there, not quite sure. My walkthrough explains how to get to Aridell if you are stuck.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
redemption2021
Pledge

Post by redemption2021 »

Thanks very much for the replies. Yes it was the door for the brass key off the thief i was looking for. I did not see it in the upper right hand corner of that room. My screen is a tad too dark for this game sometimes it seems.