To install v1.05 and under:
Extract the contents of the zip file to your Eschalon Book I\Data folder
(besure to make a back up of this folder first)
To install v2 and above:
- 1. Create a new game and save as soon as the game loads.
- 2. Exit back to the main menu
- 3. Navigate to your save game slot (This can found in your My Documents folder on a Windows machine)
- 4. Extract contents of zip file into the correct slot, over writing any files if asked.
- 5. Return to game, reload your save and enjoy.
Raver Dave's Book1 Mod v2 - This version uses save game maps.
Raver Dave's Book1 Mod v1.05 - Last version using global map files.
What does the mod include?
- Island added off the coast of Aridel complete with dungeon / maze as part of a new side quest to earn another set of eggs.
(See Eleanors office in Aridell for a clue on where to head.)
While this area is avaliable right from the start I recommend you wait until you have a good character before heading in.
- Rebuilt start house, inc second floor and a few secrets.
- Rebuilt buildings in Bordertown, added a new building for Philip + some secrets areas and a tunnel to Darkford.
- Extended Darkford, several new rooms including a secret enterance so you can come and go as you please.
- Gates at Blackwater can now be opened with out commiting a crime (avoids paying a toll), south gate now functions.
- Added hidden area in Blackwater with a stash of treasure.
- Minor modifications to Underground Repository, Shadowmirk and Tangletree Forrest maps to accomodate new story.
Enjoy and please let me know what you think.
Updates (Previous versions avaliable here)
05/02/12 - v2.0 - Converted to save game maps, all codes replaced with keys and most of the letters relating the quest are now actual items that can be picked up.
04/02/12 - v1.05 - Added map file that had been missing from previous three versions.
Any one part way though a game using the older version can just copy island1_ug.map and island1_ug.ent from the new zip over to the data folder and then just continue on.
31/1/12 - v1.04 - Fixed broken sign in Aridell.
28/1/12 - v1.03 - Restored several missing Salamanders and Fungal Slimes on the starting map.
21/1/12 - v1.02 - Minor adjustment to stop goblins opening a locked door in the Secure Facility.
19/1/12 - v1.01 - Fixed a few walls that were not solid, fixed cabinet in start house.