(Book I Mod) RD's Book I Mod

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Raver Dave's Book I Mod

Post by raverdave2k »

Hey,

Sorry about that, I have moved hosts and completly forgot about these mods being hosted, I'll dig through my backups and try and get them all uploaded again soon.

Dave
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Raver Dave's Book I Mod

Post by raverdave2k »

Hi all,

Sorry this has been down for a while. I have now re-uploaded this as an attachment to the original post.

Cheers
Dave
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Warren1965
Initiate

Re: (Book I Mod) RD's Book I Mod

Post by Warren1965 »

Hello All,
Hopefully RD still glances at the boards now and again, although I suspect it is not the mods fault. Anyways I have gotten all the way through the Secure Area except the two Impossible to pick or bash doors. I am fairly confident I didn't miss any keys being dropped and in fact have found 2 widgets leading me to wonder if Linux is again keeping me safe. I did not install the game as super user so I am suspecting my system is blocking something of course without bother to mention it. I had also installed the Salted Coast mod but ended removing it because if I saved on the map right below the starting map I crashed to desktop. Checking the only 2 files that mod added they had the same permissions as everything else in the save slot so I am a little confused.

Sorry I digressed. Are the 2 widgets I found in the crypt supposed to be custom keys? If so how would I go about changing them from widgets to keys, or at very least escape now that I am trapped?

Thanks
Warren
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Wow, it's been a while since I've played through this mod, but as I recall the widgets you find in the secured area activate a series of machines that open the one-way exit. I seem to recall there being three widgets, but that may be a false memory.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Warren1965
Initiate

Post by Warren1965 »

Thanks Kreedor I will look around some more. Your memory isn't false there are three widgets above the original one but the third one wasn't in the secure area I think it was the other underground in Bllackwater.

Warren

Edit: Actually there is a key you just need to look around for it. I guess I will be surprised later with the widgets