(Book I Mod) RD's Book I Mod

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
ach1949
Initiate

Re: Raver Dave's Book I Mod

Post by ach1949 »

I ran across that same opening. I explored, but I assumed it was not planned. There's a spot you can do the same thing in caverns where the Queen Bee is. Nothing really happens there either.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

raverdave2k wrote:lol, thts one issue I had countless times around that area and also on the island, kept finding places you could cut diagonlly through the rocks, thanks for pointing this one out I'll patch it up for the next version
Dragonlady wrote:I was searching for a way to that indoor ladder not having a clue on how to unlock the door inside the building. :)
Spoiler:
[The code for that room can only be found inside the room so you need to rent a room to get in there (As I couldn't edit the dialog I had to find another way to do this, just have a look around the Inn Keeper)]
Okay. :) Ah, rent the room? I'll have to go back and see if I get a chance to rent the room. As I recollect, I didn't. I've already got her quest item and bought stuff. Will check tonight. I have a game chapter to work on for my players today. Thanks, I figured there was a clue somewhere in the area. Just didn't see the one you mentioned.

edit: Okay, found out how to get in there. Now have to do some exploring...THanks!
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

i just happened upon this and am about a 1/4 through the game. Can I use it with a current game? Which version would I use?
thanks.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Hi,

You would be able to incorporate this into an ongoing game with version 2, how ever you should be aware that all the maps which I have edited, would be reset to there default state, gates / doors relocked, chests refilled, enemies would be alive again.

This would apply to the following maps:

Start Map / Aridell
Tangletree Forrest
Blackwater
Underground Repository
Shadowmirk (Interior Ground Floor only)
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

thank you...

one question besides the obvious conflict of aridell is thaermore revisited compatible with this mod?
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

There seems to be growing interest in mods for Book I and II. I hope that the interest skyrockets when the tools for Book III are released. :D

sapientCrow: this is purely speculative, but I think that the two mods may overwrite eachother so it's best use only one at a time.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Yes I'm affraid Lord_P is right, as both mods include edits to some of the same maps they can't be used at the same time.
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

yah what I did is used all of thaermore revisted excluding the 2 maps that both conflicted and used yours where it conflicted.

basically the storehouse in aridell and the cave in barren region are the conflicts.
so I just did the base game no mods then put all the maps from thaermore revisited into the base game folder excluding 35 and 14 then saved exited and installed your maps.

yes I really like mods myself and seriously appreciate them as I like to tweak games to my liking and I like a diverse range of ideas and content that has long standing potential.

i dig the old skool base eschalon has. it is refreshing to feel the roots again.
sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

finally checking out the island and I am getting and access violation error after a bit of time being there??
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

sapientCrow wrote:finally checking out the island and I am getting and access violation error after a bit of time being there??
Where you doing something when this happened or just walking? and has it happened more than once? If so was this at the same location each time?

sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

yes same place it was right by the lever and it only did it twice then my next load it did not do it again.

the first time it did it happened when I used the first guards letter on the island and clicked ok.

the second time I had used the cryptic note 2 times and then was standing by the levers and it crashed.

I reloaded it again and it did not happen again.

Ever since windows 7 and vista it almost seems random how it errors out on programs... shrug

kudos for the mod btw. it was really cool and the puzzle elements were really fun to work out. I like puzzles the most in games.
thanks
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

ACCESS_VIOLATION_ERROR has happened to me randomly in the areas east of Blackwater and when an object doesn't have a tile (atleast in Book II). Don't know if script errors can cause it too.
Jammeez
Initiate

Post by Jammeez »

IJBall wrote:I'm currently trying to finish up the 'mod' portions of Jedi_Learner's Book I mod (hoping to finish that today or tomorrow), so it may be a week or two before I try to take a look at your mod...
Does this mean adding more than one mod to the game is not compatible? I guess if they involve the same areas it wouldn't be...[edit] I just read the answer to this above. tnx

Also, is it possible to add a mod in the middle of an existing game? I'm lvl 13 in book II, and would love to play the Port Kuudad Tower.

For that matter, I'd love to DL new versions of the full game[s]. I'm running 1.03 of book II. But how will that affect my current save?

[edit]Okay, you guys have been discussing these very questions. So, I guess all I really need is some reassurance. I've never added mods before... :oops:
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Jammeez wrote: For that matter, I'd love to DL new versions of the full game[s]. I'm running 1.03 of book II. But how will that affect my current save?
Sorry I was away for the weekend so have only just seen your questions relating to the mods which you have now found the answers for.

To answer your question about upgrading, you should have no problems using your saves in the lastest versions of the games.

cariocamatuto
Initiate

Post by cariocamatuto »

Hi Raverdave and everybody,
Hope somebody still visits this forum now and then. I would like to try the mod but the download link is dead.
Another alternative download link ?
Thanks in advance.