(Book I Mod) RD's Book I Mod

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Raver Dave's Book I Mod

Post by raverdave2k »

Version 1.03 now uploaded with all creatures restored.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
ach1949
Initiate

Post by ach1949 »

I thought the omissions were planned, too. Thank you.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Okay, got the mod working, sort of. Still getting, once in a while, the white floor stuff inside buildings. Anyway, on to what I found this evening that amused me, I got my answer but not in the usual way. Clicked on the sign by the hole/ladder going down in Aridell (Guard standing in the way) and got an error message.

..lets see if this loaded up...Yep! You can see the pink/red "Did Not Find ...." etc. and where I clicked on the sign in the picture above. I found it funny that I got the info anyway. :D

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. I'm playing the game on a Mac Laptop that has 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo if that helps. :)
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-01-30 at 6.39.56 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2012-01-30 at 6.39.56 PM.jpg (117.77 KiB) Viewed 17330 times
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Whoops, what a silly error, I had put the text string for the sign in the wrong box :oops:, I'll put an ammended version up a little later.

Can I ask what your refering to here?
Dragonlady wrote:Still getting, once in a while, the white floor stuff inside buildings.
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

raverdave2k wrote:Can I ask what your refering to here?
Dragonlady wrote:Still getting, once in a while, the white floor stuff inside buildings.
She's referring to a known bug with Book I versions on Mac where sometimes the tiles do not draw properly but appear as white squares. Nobody has been able to track down why it happens, as it is not consistent or repeatable.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Ah right thanks for that, thought it was something wrong with my maps.

v1.04 now up with the sign fixed.

raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Whoops, I've just discovered that I made a bit of a cock up, it seems versions 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 were all missing one of the maps would have ment you found yourself taking a swim in the middle of the ocean instead of entering the dungeon when traversing the stairs on the island.

I have just uploaded v1.05 which now contains the missing file, any one already playing a game using one of the older versions can just copy island1_ug.map and island1_ug.ent out of the new zip into the data folder to fix the problem.

I'm currently converting this over to a version using save game maps which allow me to use keys instead of codes for the doors and also use proper notes, will be uploading that one later this evening or tomorrow morning.

raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Version 2 is now up, this now uses save game maps instead of global maps so can be applied to just one game with out overwriting the original maps.

There is no change to the story line just a few touch ups that I think make it a little nicer, namely added custom keys instead of codes for the doors and all of the letters relating the new quest are now actual letters that can be picked up.

IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

raverdave2k wrote:Version 2 is now up, this now uses save game maps instead of global maps so can be applied to just one game with out overwriting the original maps.

There is no change to the story line just a few touch ups that I think make it a little nicer, namely added custom keys instead of codes for the doors and all of the letters relating the new quest are now actual letters that can be picked up.
Dave, I'll try and give your mod a shot when I have some time (probably Spring break, which would be early March...).

Am I correct in assuming that you can use a preexisting character to play it, and can just drag the 'save' maps into whatever 'save slot' you want to play with?
If so, that is vastly preferable, as I'd prefer not to have to create a new character to look at the new content...
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

IJBall wrote:Am I correct in assuming that you can use a preexisting character to play it, and can just drag the 'save' maps into whatever 'save slot' you want to play with?
Yep, using the latest version thats right, just overwrite the maps in your save slot and you can play with your existing character.

The only thing to note would be that the starting house is locked so if youre character is outside of this when you install it you would not be able to get in so if you want to have a look in there then you might want to head back, stand in front of the chest and save there before installing.

ach1949
Initiate

Post by ach1949 »

Do I need to restore the original datafiles before I start using version 2?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

ach1949 wrote:Do I need to restore the original datafiles before I start using version 2?
It shouldn't make any difference as copying the new files into a save game slot would basicly just ignore the ones in the data folder.

That said you may as well restore them as the modded maps in the data folder would be serving no purpose, and if you put that back to normal then you could easily choose to play an original game if you wanted.

xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Oh hey! Cool! Once again, falling behind on the forums has proven to be a bad idea. I'll definitely check this out soon...
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Found an amusing gap in the mountains in Bordertown. I was searching for a way to that indoor ladder not having a clue on how to unlock the door inside the building. :) Below picture shows where the gap is behind the store and I walked 'on air' all the way to the left side of the map inside the mountains. :) I showed 'entrance' and almost to the left side and the mini map.

edit: I couldn't go to the next map over from that position so that way is closed okay. :lol:
Attachments
Oops.jpg
Oops.jpg (76.17 KiB) Viewed 17158 times
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

lol, thts one issue I had countless times around that area and also on the island, kept finding places you could cut diagonlly through the rocks, thanks for pointing this one out I'll patch it up for the next version
Dragonlady wrote:I was searching for a way to that indoor ladder not having a clue on how to unlock the door inside the building. :)
Spoiler:
[The code for that room can only be found inside the room so you need to rent a room to get in there (As I couldn't edit the dialog I had to find another way to do this, just have a look around the Inn Keeper)]
Last edited by raverdave2k on February 9th, 2012, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.