Just completed

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Just completed

Post by Lord_P »

Finally I returned to Eschalon: Book I and had the tenacity to play it through! Good game. Good ending.

Should have went for Destroyer. :evil:
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Just completed

Post by Vroqren »

Glad to hear it! Congratulations - You can always replay for destroyer, and now you know where to go/what to do.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

I absolutely loved Book 1. Its one of the best newer RPGs I've played in a very long time. I'd rank it up there in terms of how much fun I had with it. . .with games like Skyrim.

The customization is endless, the game world is huge, and with today's computers, if the developers wanted to, its a real possibility we could see a game that has the entirity of Eschalon in it.

This game rocks hard. I really can't say anything bad about it.
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Lord_P wrote:Finally I returned to Eschalon: Book I and had the tenacity to play it through! Good game. Good ending.

Save outside the throne room! :D

And congratulations, yo! ^ ^
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Knightofhopex wrote:
Lord_P wrote:Finally I returned to Eschalon: Book I and had the tenacity to play it through! Good game. Good ending.

Save outside the throne room! :D

And congratulations, yo! ^ ^
As a matter of fact, I did! And it gets better: my backup save is in Goblin Citadel, so I can go buy new spells and potions! :D

After posting this comment, I actually tried to kill the chancellor. Spoiler maybe ->Spawned about a billion spire guards!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Spambots, GET OUT OF MY THREAD.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Lord_P wrote:Finally I returned to Eschalon: Book I and had the tenacity to play it through!
Good game. Good ending.
I think a lot of us prefer Book I to Book II.

There are a number of things to recommend Book II (much bigger (and more interactive - e.g. weather) world, more varied settings, more sophisticated (and smoother) gameplay).

But I think there's little question that Book I is "more stuffed" - it has better story (definitely the first 2/3 of the game), and a more "filled" gameworld, with just a better cast of NPCs, IMO.

If BW can take the best elements of Book I and Book II and merge them together for Book III, he'll have quite a game on his hands...
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I agree with you. Book I is less in the sense of gameplay, but more in the sense of the world. Book II is bigger but it's area/content isn't enough. Book I is alot smaller but it's content fills it up nicely. Sorry for some bad English.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Lord_P wrote:I agree with you. Book I is less in the sense of gameplay, but more in the sense of the world. Book II is bigger but it's area/content isn't enough. Book I is alot smaller but it's content fills it up nicely. Sorry for some bad English.
I think the problem was that we got SO MANY requests to make sure Book II contained more areas for just hunting and exploring. I have probably 100+ emails from people (after Book I was released) saying there was not enough open area for just hunting and XP grinding in that game.

In hindsight, we didn't address that issue well enough by simply adding more maps and throwing in a bunch of monsters. People really don't want to explore wilderness, which in reality, is mostly empty.

We're working to make Book III a great balance between the previous two games.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I think the problem was that we got SO MANY requests to make sure Book II contained more areas for just hunting and exploring. I have probably 100+ emails from people (after Book I was released) saying there was not enough open area for just hunting and XP grinding in that game.In hindsight, we didn't address that issue well enough by simply adding more maps and throwing in a bunch of monsters. People really don't want to explore wilderness, which in reality, is mostly empty.We're working to make Book III a great balance between the previous two games.
I did like the exploration. Makes you feel more like an adventurer and less like an errand boy. :)
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I thought Book 1 was already well balanced in that area. Certain parts of the world (around towns, roads, ruins, etc) had plenty of NPCs to interact with, monsters to slay, interesting locations to explore, and treasures to find, as I would expect - while other parts of the world (the marshes, Crakamir desert, and Salted Coast) were less populated (also as expected).

I think certain areas in Book 2 were appropriately empty, like the Northland wasteland and the grasslands of Amireth. It's just too bad that other areas didn't have more.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland