builds vs Book 2

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

builds vs Book 2

Post by dogeddie »

I have both Book 1 and 2, but have not played Book 1 very much. Can I assume that an effective Healer build will be the same in either game? In other words, can I use the same setup and play essentially the same way skill wise? Thanks

here is what I rolled in Book 2, but haven't been able to even come close in Book 1 rolling dice!

Str - 16
Dex - 14
End - 14
Spd - 13
Int - 10
Wis - 20
Percep - 20
Conc - 14
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: builds vs Book 2

Post by Randomizer »

You only need 15 wisdom at the start. Put the other 5 into perception to increase your mana pool.

Healer build works well enough.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

Thanks
I may drop strength to 15 so I am not rolling dice for hours
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

But won't Wisdom of 20 allow Tier 2 spells?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

dogeddie wrote:But won't Wisdom of 20 allow Tier 2 spells?
Yes, but with equipment and such you can get your Wisdom up after a few levels. Starting with as high a Perception as possible in any magic using build is very important for both base MP and regaining MP. In Book I, regen is capped much lower than in Book II, so you'll have plenty of time to up your Wisdom once you've maximized MP regeneration.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

I based the stats off the generic Healer stats that the game provides for a pre made character. I don't use alot of magic; more of a supplement to the melee terror I like to rain down on my foes. YARGGHHH!!! :twisted:

"In Book I, regen is capped much lower than in Book II, so you'll have plenty of time to up your Wisdom once you've maximized MP regeneration." - Kreador, I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean about regen being capped lower? Sorry
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

If the regen is capped lower in Book I, that means the fastest it can possibly regen, no matter how many points you give it, is slower than the fastest it can regen in Book II.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

Thanks for clarifying
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

dogeddie wrote:"In Book I, regen is capped much lower than in Book II, so you'll have plenty of time to up your Wisdom once you've maximized MP regeneration." - Kreador, I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean about regen being capped lower? Sorry
What Vroqren said. In Book II, MP regen maxes at 5 per turn, in Book I it maxes at 2 (3 for Druidic characters outdoors), I believe. It's been a while since I've played Book I, but that's my recollection. The actual numbers are here on the boards somewhere.
---

dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

How do I know, in either game, when I have reached max mana regen, or health regen for that matter? Thanks
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

dogeddie wrote:How do I know, in either game, when I have reached max mana regen, or health regen for that matter? Thanks
The way others figured it out was trial and error, but of course here on the boards you can take advantage of the trial and error of others.

For Book I, here's how starting MP and HP are determined: http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... f=3&t=2386

Mana regen cap is discussed here: http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... 57&start=0 though it's a bit confusing. Also some info here: http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... 516#p14516

Similarly, looking in the Strategy Central post near the top of the Book II forums you can find links for the information for the second game.
---

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

dogeddie wrote:I don't use alot of magic; more of a supplement to the melee terror I like to rain down on my foes. YARGGHHH!!!
But my wizard uses crushing bubble on Taurax to kill them (deals melee damage, so no resistance for the bulls) and air shield to be immune of Goblin archers' arrows. Not one enemy can touch me and still I regenerate mana faster than I use it.

This brought to you by Lord_P's bureau of mage supremacy.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

I'd like to thank the Bureau for its valuable input
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Lord_P wrote:crushing bubble
Something doesn't seem right here...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Vroqren wrote:
Lord_P wrote:crushing bubble
Something doesn't seem right here...
Well I'm very sorry that I didn't remember it. Compress Atmosphere is it's real name.