Cheats? [Potential spoilers]

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Tecknomage
Apprentice

Post by Tecknomage »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:As long as no internal game information is being posted (such as charts or item lists) then I don't mind. Most people don't know how to use hex editors and if you want to risk corrupting your saved games to get a few stat boosts, that is your choice.

You cannot use a hex editor on the main executable or any other file that is part of the initial installation. That would be in violation of the license that you agreed to when you installed the game.
You use the HEX editor on a save-game file.
Tecknomage
Guild Master
Mages & Fighters Guilds
Glyth
Initiate

Post by Glyth »

GSV3MiaC wrote:
Glyth wrote:stop saying cheating does this cheating does that blah
cgheatings funs becuz i hacked hide in shadows i dont have to worry bout getting ambushed and becuz i hacked weapon s i got one hit kills so those pesky guards dont bug me 0.0
Cheating apparently ruins your ability to spell though. Or even use the spell checker provided. I wonder if Babelfish can translate .... 8>.
no me being with autism ruins my spelling or you wanna blame what happen at Virginia tech on me since the shooter had autism to ?

your a piece of crap for picking on a mentally crippled such as i , rot in where ever you go when your bad!

Iane wrote:
Glyth wrote:cheat engine is better then art money and if u google it u can find it

2. this game isent that open

the scrolls are hard to hack to the next one many trys and fails
and i realy want all spells in this game :/
that was the most low life comment i ever read

You don't need to find the scrolls but if you really wanted them I might find - what you should look at is the "Attribute points" and "Skill Points" either on next lvl up or new char - OH! and you just need to know how to use Artmoney - my test char is lvl 21 with all skills at 30 and attributes at
120 :wink:

i already did this before u told me to on cheat engine read up on how i was suggesting cheat engine

aslo i want all the spells cuz spells are fun to me
noit just going around randly killing anything with the same weapon
haveing all the scrolls of spells would be much funner
donjn
Pledge

Post by donjn »

no me being with autism ruins my spelling or you wanna blame what happen at Virginia tech on me since the shooter had autism to ?

your a piece of crap for picking on a mentally crippled such as i , rot in where ever you go when your bad!
I registered just to reply to what you said.

You my friend, are even a bigger piece of crap. Wanna know why?

How could he know you had autism? This is an internet message board. Flaming on spelling happens all the time. I am sure you have done this before. You blame all your troubles on message board people who have no idea that you have autism. You are just as guilty in my book as someone who intentionally makes fun of people with autism. You are using your condition as a way to make someone feel bad when they never knew you had it. Bad, bad, my friend.

But you don't stop there. You had to keep pushing that he should blame the Virginia Tech shooting on you because you had autism. What the heck did that have to do with you?

You are the worst kind of a sick person. The kind who can hide behind your illness. It may actually work for you too, thats the said part. You can go on the rest of your life using your illness as a way to gain sympathy while falsely accusing others who had no idea what you are going through of picking on a person with autism.

Wow, just wow...
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

If you have to cheat, why are you playing the game? It is not like there is some insanely difficult illogical puzzle or unbeatable enemy in the game. The only problem I have had with a game is due to illogical puzzles, which should have been caught in alpha or beta testing or not enough clues left to solve the puzzle. Nothing is more game stoping than an illogical puzzle as part of the main quest. Tough puzzles I have no problem with, but a puzzle that is illogical or the creator did not leave enough clues to solve is maddening. If you go to the forums and everyone is stuck at the same spot in the game you know their is a problem. But to cheat kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game.
History is written by the winners!
quasius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by quasius »

donjn wrote: I registered just to reply to what you said.

How could he know you had autism? This is an internet message board. Flaming on spelling happens all the time. I am sure you have done this before. You blame all your troubles on message board people who have no idea that you have autism. You are just as guilty in my book as someone who intentionally makes fun of people with autism. You are using your condition as a way to make someone feel bad when they never knew you had it. Bad, bad, my friend.

But you don't stop there. You had to keep pushing that he should blame the Virginia Tech shooting on you because you had autism. What the heck did that have to do with you?

You are the worst kind of a sick person. The kind who can hide behind your illness. It may actually work for you too, thats the said part. You can go on the rest of your life using your illness as a way to gain sympathy while falsely accusing others who had no idea what you are going through of picking on a person with autism.

Wow, just wow...
I almost made this same post first, but then I thought the fact the he did something socially ridiculous might, in fact, be related to his autism. So I left him alone.
Glyth
Initiate

Post by Glyth »

donjn wrote:

I registered just to reply to what you said.

Wow, just wow...
i dint say blame the va tech on me alot do thoe , im not korean,no do i blame them , and the news lied and said he had autism ,he dint i think ,and hide behind my illness my illness makes bigots like you who make the Equility opertunity worker act a lie by descrimateing agiast my voice that came with this autissm u think its all good for us just cuz we get 500 a month from the goiverment and we are aloud to work for 560 with out loseing that but tyhe promblemis no one well hire you cuz you sound weird, and dont reccamend that online work crap every one of it is a amercian in nigria trying to avoid usa taxes on import goods which is a federal crime, so just back off , and to get backon topic cheaters should be free to do what they want as long as they dont do it to have avantage over anyone else
buy the game play the way you want to is what i say if you give your self to much power you only hurt ur self by boreing ur self , and this wat siocity comes down to a bunchof cheater haters or like him a person who likes to jump in and kick the person deffending there self ,bad enuf iv met cops that make up there own laws like siting on the side walk is obstructing a public walk way,but now your all attacking cheaters and bad spellers , do somthing useful and play ur game the way you want it if you wana attack somthing go attack bad propisitions and vote no on them thats how you attack them
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

Hey, I'm a super grammar freak! But Glyth has a legit issue. I've worked with autistic folks, it can manifest itself in many ways.

Glyth, many take offense to bad grammar and spelling. Anyone who may have taken offense to your posts I'm sure have since rescinded their feelings given the factors involved. Something that may be helpful is the Firefox browser has a built in spell checking mechanism, using this may help to alleviate any issues others have with your spelling without any future ill-will .

I applaud your efforts to come here and have a good time with the rest of us. I may be bias since my wife works with a variety of disabilities and I volunteer for a variety of accessibility issues at my workplace, personally I think everyone can contribute regardless. Hope you are enjoying the game!

On the issue, Cheating, well most games have "cheating" built in, in one form or another. If it helps someone get more enjoyment out of the game I say go for it. I don't use Cheats most of the time (Ok I do use the Knoami code) but games are for the most part enjoyment. If cheat codes and whatnot give a user more enjoyment I say go for it. I prefered the death system in Bioshock because it didn't penalize me so dern much. Some said that was cheating, I say it let you enjoy the game more. Ever wonder why World of Warcraft does so damn well. Because it's much more lenient on death than any MMORPG before it. My 2.14 on the subject.
Glyth
Initiate

Post by Glyth »

that wat i was saying , i mean why the hell did they stress so much on gettiong the the dupe buged fixed, i bought the gamer i wana play it the way i want with out the " i think its importent that the dupe bg should be fixed" its like " i think other poeple should play the way i do with out cheats" <- isent that a crime of forceing ur belives on others
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

Glyth wrote:isent that a crime of forceing ur belives on others
It's not really forcing beliefs on anyone to fix a bug. Clearly the item duplication wasn't what BW had intended. Is BW forcing his beliefs about how the game he developed should be played by fixing the bug? Well, sure, but that is absolutely his right as developer.

If you want to cheat, that's fine as long as there's nothing riding on the outcome beyond your personal entertainment. However, it seems pretty self-indulgent to get all huffy when exploits get fixed.

I'd rather see those bugs corrected and have a formal cheat system (codes, character editor, etc) than leave obvious software bugs in the game.
Glyth
Initiate

Post by Glyth »

Josia wrote:
Glyth wrote:isent that a crime of forceing ur belives on others
It's not really forcing beliefs on anyone to fix a bug. Clearly the item duplication wasn't what BW had intended. Is BW forcing his beliefs about how the game he developed should be played by fixing the bug? Well, sure, but that is absolutely his right as developer.

If you want to cheat, that's fine as long as there's nothing riding on the outcome beyond your personal entertainment. However, it seems pretty self-indulgent to get all huffy when exploits get fixed.

I'd rather see those bugs corrected and have a formal cheat system (codes, character editor, etc) than leave obvious software bugs in the game.[/quote

that bug was a choice to use, and the player said he think it be importent that bug was fixed,it dint automatically get in the way with some one morals,nut its oke i foune i can just switch exes to play the treasure dupe
dantomhar
Pledge

Easy item duplication cheat

Post by dantomhar »

1) Stand next to a barrell, chest or drawer, with the item(s) in your inventory.
2) Save the game (for example, in slot 2)
3) Place the item(s) in the barrell, chest or draw.
4) Do a quick save (F2)
5) Copy the "char" file from your saved folder (slot2 in the above example) into the slot1 folder.
6) Restore the quick save and you now have the item(s) in both your inventory, and in the barrell, chest or drawer.
Gegorty
Initiate

Re: Easy item duplication cheat

Post by Gegorty »

dantomhar wrote:1) Stand next to a barrell, chest or drawer, with the item(s) in your inventory.
2) Save the game (for example, in slot 2)
3) Place the item(s) in the barrell, chest or draw.
4) Do a quick save (F2)
5) Copy the "char" file from your saved folder (slot2 in the above example) into the slot1 folder.
6) Restore the quick save and you now have the item(s) in both your inventory, and in the barrell, chest or drawer.
I don't think that works anymore.
Turtle
Council Member

Re: Cheats? [Potential spoilers]

Post by Turtle »

Even if it does, it seems like more trouble than it's worth. It's not as if there isn't enough loot available in the game. Having to budget your resources in the early part of the game adds to the challenge. My opinion, of course.
dantomhar
Pledge

Post by dantomhar »

The duplication cheat does work, it is useful for things like the easter eggs, you can get many level-ups that way. If you try this, it will only work if you have exactly 3 eggs in your inventory, keep the extras in a nearby container e.g. a coffin or trunk in the necromancer room.
nomo
Initiate

Post by nomo »

i used cheatomatic
http://www.timsvault.com/cheattools/cheat_matic.htm

basically input a value in the program each time, change it, repeat until it finds it. then you can set it to whatever you like, or lock it.
so you can change gold, or, more usefully - available skill/stat points at level up screen.

i just gave myself a little gold and boost on skills at level up so i could play with a slight advantage :P