If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
fan
Pledge

Re: If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]

Post by fan »

hi there.
I played it first time and it was awesome. i learnd this possibility after i finished the game "normal", but i wanted the challenge of course.

It was so easy, but lvl 21 character is overpowered i think. it is a little bit wrong skilled because it was my first one but it is not that bad after all i think.

Des
Pledge

Post by Des »

Canfu
Pledge

Post by Canfu »

Yeah, I just got destroyer too... didn't take a screen shot, but I guess I COULD go back to my last save and do it again... I finished it the "normal" way first, but thought I'd see what happened when I cast flesh boil on the chancellor...

The fight, as most have said, was pretty easy. Fighter character with high armor meant the guards mostly missed me or didn't cause damage. I actually forgot to cast buffs before I attacked the chancellor, so I used a few potions- stone skin, giant strength, and haste. Mostly the buffs were to speed up the fight. I even let 4-6 guards whack at me at the same time, though for kicks I used some Demon Oil for crowd control for a bit.

Pretty fun game, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Curious about what book 2 will look like!
Atch
Pledge

Post by Atch »

Yeah, same as most everyone. Did the "normal" ending and then for giggles took out the Chancellor.

I have to say the storyline of the game is very good. "Unexpected" actions are handled well and the two endings were logically related.

Great game! Look forward to reading these forums and building up some serious characters for Book II.
charmflux
Pledge

Post by charmflux »

Sweet! I loved the game. Can't wait to buy book II (except I'll probably wait until after the school year to play it!)
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

The problem with book1, was by the last 1/3 of the game. Everything and anything was easy to kill.

Re: destroyer, If the guards had a couple archers and a couple spell casters, then would have been a true challenge.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Second character, a whole lot more fun than my stealth magic hybrid first who could only gain destroyer by invisibility abuse. No Screens of that one sorry.

By screen shots alone it looks like I'm this first to do this with only a max 23 HP. :P

Personally I call him Manaleus the Fragile.
elsol
Initiate

Post by elsol »

Done as the 'There Can Only Be One' Challenge -- A rings & amulet only, Pure Mage.

Check out the 91 Perception & 423 Mana --- Found out that when you can sling 10 of them, fireball is well worth it, even over compress atmosphere.

Artius
Initiate

Post by Artius »

Just finished the game last night. Did all three endings, with destroyer last.

I was an axe-wielding healer, using primarily bless/stoneskin/divine heal and rarely casting anything else.

I boosted my perception for the high mana regen, and completed everything in the game that I was aware of, with the exception of the one chest in the bee cavern. I'd actually forgotten all about it until reading the details here on the forum, but didn't feel like trekking back over there.
Attachments
Destroyer.JPG
Destroyer.JPG (116.15 KiB) Viewed 9522 times
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Another character, this one was born out of curiosity, curious as to what a mercantile focused character would be like. Challenging in the beginning but easy near the end with imbued equipment, also he pretty much had unlimited funds. You know a destroyer of the economy, leaving depressions and poverty in his wake.... you get the idea.

My goal next is to create a character with enough HP to survive a portcullis collapse. Can it be done? Stay tuned to find out!!
Xander
Pledge

Post by Xander »

Thank you very much for this very entertaining game. Found it thorough Penny-Arcade, and it brought back some nostalgic memories of some of my favorite classic RPG's like Ultima and Wizardry. Keep up the good work.
Attachments
destro.jpg
destro.jpg (162.14 KiB) Viewed 9444 times
Skithee
Pledge

Post by Skithee »

So, I picked up this game within the past two weeks, and had been splitting my time between this and Patapon. I figured I'd give this a try.

I guess it's time to hit the challenge FAQ! =)

Here are my un-buffed stats from just before my rampage. I've got two Rings of the Assassins, Bloodlust Amulet, and the Warlord belt and gloves. I lucked out and found Adamantine greaves with a +4 already on them. I guess the only thing you can't really see here is Swords 12.

SoulTouch
Pledge

Post by SoulTouch »

First of all; great and fun game!
And it runs smoothly on my Linux system.

Finished the game a couple of times before I decided to make an optimized archer.
I started with 20 unused skill points and learned from the trainers before adding any skills.

Uh, that's alot of guards! You get this many if you kill the king twice.
(Kill him, put in the Crux and kill him again. Guards get summoned twice.)

Critical + Nefarious attack = one hit kills a guard

High stats and very strong, but keep in mind he's lvl 21.
Bow skills is lvl 68(+4).

Dex is awfully overpowered. You get accuracy, damage AND armor rating at the same time.
Is there really a need for any other stats?

Yes I started out as a healer, for the added MP bonus.
The perception is for MP and regen, which is needed since this guy is rather spell heavy.
Beside 2-3 points in Endurance to make it hit the breakpoint (15) it's all perception and dex.
ZoeyJeanne
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by ZoeyJeanne »

Yeehaa! A Destroyer am I. I don't know how to paste my screen up here though. I did it with the use of Compress Atmosphere spell level 6 combined with a portal spell that bounced me back and forth between the fountain in Blackwater and the portal in the tower at Bastion Spire. Yippee!
ZoeyJeanne the Biscuit Queen
- If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.[/b]
Bauxtehude
Pledge

Post by Bauxtehude »

yeah, killed a bunch, yee