Key-mapping movement controls

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
luther
Initiate

Key-mapping movement controls

Post by luther »

Is there a way to map the movement control to keys instead of mouse button? I get really bad RSI and holding down on the mouse or trackpad (MacBook Pro) is really painful for me :(
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Key-mapping movement controls

Post by Vroqren »

I don't know about custom key controls, but there are some basic movement controls you can use the keyboard for:

Pressing 'W' locks walking to 'on', allowing you to simply move the cursor, without holding down to click. Now, if you're on a trackpad rather than a mouse, I don't know how much this will help, but it should at least help some.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
luther
Initiate

Post by luther »

Hi Vroqren, thanks for your reply.

I am familiar with the move-lock control, and it can help with my problem, but it creates another problem: the movement speed is such that it can put you in a 'compromising' position if you don't switch it off quick enough when an enemy appears in the frame.

So it's not really a viable solution unfortunately...
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

As (I hate to admit it) this is one of the few turn based games I play, I'm still in the habit of keeping my left hand on WASD, with my right on the mouse. I don't know how well this would work with a trackpad, but if you keep your let hand on WASD, it's usually not too hard to turn off the Walk-Lock.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests