The perfect dice roll?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Viper358
Pledge

Re: The perfect dice roll?

Post by Viper358 »

I spent 30 minutes re-rolling trying to get a 100+ roll for my caster char but it wasn't giving me many high rolls and even the couple high ones I got had stats I didn't want (14 spd, 14 dex).

I gave up and went to do something else. A couple hours later when I started up the game to try again I got a 105 roll on the first one, haha. :lol:

Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

can someone explain concentration..seemed like a pointless thing to ever plop points into. Also, seems too difficult to use points everywhere with this extra slot attribute in case you have to waste points on. And yes, I beat the game with a 9 in concetration and didnt seem to matter.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Concentration seems a bag of odds and ends to me.
It contributes to "to hit" in combination with dexterity, and is supposed to affect ability to successfully cast with an enemy next to you. Wish I knew what those %chances looked like, might convince me to invest a bit.
Concentration also adds 2 carry capacity per point. (Half what strength gives.)
That's what comes to mind, but there's probably more.
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

didn't know that. At some points I needed more bonuses to carry items, but it seems ultra lame to have to upgrade a bonus "so I can hold more". I think I need more bonuses in pay attention to girlfriend stat.
AnthonyK
Initiate

Post by AnthonyK »

I'm kinda of new here. I've been a lurker for the most part, just gathering info I needed and going about my business. Well I finished the game the other day and decided to come trolling the forums. All I can say to all of you with raw rolls above 100 is this.

Please lend me some of your dice rolls or perhaps come to Vegas with me? I've been rolling for like 3 hours or so. (Not straight, but close to it. I'd roll for a bit, go do something, get distracted by the TV or a website, come roll some more, etc. Well... the best roll I've come up with so far is a 96! I'm cursed! Haha! :?
myrddinbach
Initiate

Post by myrddinbach »

I rolled a legitimate 106 today - that was pretty awesome.

What is the % on that?

Maybe we should share some of these high rolling chars in case someone wants to play them?

I turned him into a basic sword fighter type and just grabbed a few skills so the char is still very customizable.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I rolled all 7's and a 10 once... and I almost kept it. 0_o
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

CrazyBernie wrote:I rolled all 7's and a 10 once... and I almost kept it. 0_o
Maybe we can talk BW into an "all 7s" challenge for Book III :)
Incendax
Initiate

Post by Incendax »

I just beat the game as a Magic-User and decided to start an Unarmed fighter. I rolled a 106 (Strength 9, Speed 13) and threw it away because I didn't like the low strength. Luck is mocking me. :evil:
Yuritau
Initiate

Post by Yuritau »

Decided to make my second play through a mostly pure mage (with a little cleaving on the side), and came up with this roll after about 20 minutes.