LCD-TV screen size issues

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book III
Leezar
Marshall

LCD-TV screen size issues

Post by Leezar »

Hi all,

My LCD-TV insists on not displaying E3 in the entire TV-screen. I do not say "fullscreen", because it is fullscreen and not windowed, but the full screen have like 6 inches black edges. To add insult to injury, if I press the windows-tabber thingy and change to desktop then back to Eschalon, for one or two seconds Eschalon fills the entire screen, properly scaled (looks fine), but then it just reverts to its mini-size. I have tried everything the manual suggests and a lot of things the manual do not suggest, but no. Eschalon is extremely stubborn. For now, I have to sit on the floor in front of the TV, like a child getting his/her daily dose of Teletubbies brainwash due to parental neglect. Plz help.

I am using a VGA cable and not a HDMI, if this makes any difference.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: LCD-TV screen size issues

Post by raverdave2k »

Is showing black fours all around just down the left and right sides?

Eschalon runs at a 4:3 resolution so if you are using a widescreen monitor it should have black bars to maintain the correct aspect ration when running in full screen.

If you don't want this and would prefer it is stretched to the full screen then look through your graphics card settings or monitor menus for options such as maintain or force aspect ratio.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

raverdave2k wrote:Is showing black fours all around just down the left and right sides?
All around!
raverdave2k wrote:If you don't want this and would prefer it is stretched to the full screen then look through your graphics card settings or monitor menus for options such as maintain or force aspect ratio.
Done that, didnt work :(
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

If your video card is sending full screen, it's your TV setting that determines how it is displayed.
ikbenrichard
Initiate

Post by ikbenrichard »

Any one know an other way to change the resolution settings? I get a stretched screen and it is some trouble to get it full screen in the right ratio. (1920*1080).
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

ikbenrichard wrote:Any one know an other way to change the resolution settings? I get a stretched screen and it is some trouble to get it full screen in the right ratio. (1920*1080).
Due to limitations of the engine, the game's resolution is fixed. You'll have to work around it by changing your display's resolution or scaling the game up some other way.
ikbenrichard
Initiate

Post by ikbenrichard »

SpottedShroom wrote:
ikbenrichard wrote:Any one know an other way to change the resolution settings? I get a stretched screen and it is some trouble to get it full screen in the right ratio. (1920*1080).
Due to limitations of the engine, the game's resolution is fixed. You'll have to work around it by changing your display's resolution or scaling the game up some other way.
That "other way" is the thing i would like to know. Because doing it via my monitor is a far from ideal.