Green mold invasion bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book III
Edrïn
Apprentice

Green mold invasion bug

Post by Edrïn »

The screenshot speaks better that I could…
I didn't do anything special before I got that most impressive, if harmless bug.
Note that if I click on one of them, I get a “your target is obscured”, and when I point to one, like on the screen, there is a ghost image of the mold in the map area.
If I try to leave the zone from here, the it behaves like the border of the map was a wall.
A save/reload solved the problem. It may be more annoying to those who chose not to be able to save when enemies are near, I suppose.
Edit: And while I'm at it, did you know there was a standard game saves folder in windows? It makes finding them so much easier, and keeping them even more when you reinstall windows… Why half the game devs don't use it is a mystery to me.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Green mold invasion bug

Post by Randomizer »

This is a beta testing bug where the green slime moves onto an edge tile and blocks the exit. There have been some attempts to keep them from moving there when injured, but it still happens with uninjured ones.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

This is an odd side effect of a known bug. BW is aware of it and has been hunting it since the beta (alpha?). It's on the semi-official list, so with any luck it'll get squished in a future release. For now, save/reload is a good way to work around it.
Mod
Apprentice

Post by Mod »

I had this happen with Akadai. It was very frightening. Luckily killing one killed them all.