Need help with portrait

MacOS support forum for Eschalon: Book III
Berekona
Initiate

Need help with portrait

Post by Berekona »

Ok I bought at first the app store version of book 3 and it won't let me add the mypic custom portrait and the game kept asking to be updated, so I uninstalled that and bough the GOG version of it and it installed much easier but still not allowing me to use mypic custom portrait, now I've done the exact same thing I did with book 2 so not sure what is going on, anyone know where the preferences section is stored, I wanna see if maybe the bad install of the app store caused it to not see the file.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Need help with portrait

Post by IJBall »

Berekona wrote:Ok I bought at first the app store version of book 3 and it won't let me add the mypic custom portrait and the game kept asking to be updated, so I uninstalled that and bough the GOG version of it and it installed much easier but still not allowing me to use mypic custom portrait, now I've done the exact same thing I did with book 2 so not sure what is going on, anyone know where the preferences section is stored, I wanna see if maybe the bad install of the app store caused it to not see the file.
E-mail support --AT-- basiliskgames -DOT- com and see if they suggest anything.

Unfortunately, I suspect the issue is that this is the Mac App Store version of the app, which may not work like the "pristine" version downloaded directly from BG, and it's possible there may not be a fix. But let BG know anyway...
Berekona
Initiate

Post by Berekona »

I ended up removing the app store version and only have the GOG version installed, but I will email and see what they say.
Berekona
Initiate

Post by Berekona »

tried emailing that address and it gets bounced back as a failure.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Use info AT basiliskgames DOT com.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Berekona
Initiate

Post by Berekona »

Thanks Troy for the other address just sent off the email.
Berekona
Initiate

Post by Berekona »

Still no reply on this issue, anyone else have any ideas?
Berekona
Initiate

Post by Berekona »

Yup I've double & triple checked, the book 2 version had no problems with naming the file and placing and I've copied the same file to this directory and it comes up with can't find it.