Can I share Saved games from osx to Linux?

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book III
anika200
Pledge

Can I share Saved games from osx to Linux?

Post by anika200 »

Hello All,
My first post here, thanks for having me. Great game again, good job Basilisk. :D

Question:
Where are the saved games to be stored under Linux Steam?
or
Where to sync the Basilisk Games folder from the OSX Steam client to Linux Steam client.

I have played 20+ hrs on my Mac OSX box and now want to play the game on another PC with Linux via saved games.
I can technically sync the needed Save folder between the two computers (OSX-Linux) but I do not know what the folder structure is on linux.

Currently I have the path >> pathtosteam/steam/SteamApps/common/gamenameshere
anika200
Pledge

Re: Can I share Saved games from osx to Linux?

Post by anika200 »

Ok, I figured this out and I only had to read the manual. :shock:

Anyway, if you are on the main menu screen you can click on the version information at the bottom and it will show you where your games are being stored.

Now all I have to do is use bittorrent sync and I can have the same character and saved games on two pcs.

Update: Turns out this is a two step process because of the difference in file/folder names across platforms. First you need to use bittorrent sync from osx to a folder on your linux box and then use another two way sync app like freefilesync to actually move the saved games to the proper folder in your linux home folder.

It would be very handy if folders would be the same name on both platforms and then this would be very simple.