Any modders still out there at it?

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
Hexhammer
Apprentice

Any modders still out there at it?

Post by Hexhammer »

Hello people!

I had several years hiatus from playing Eschalon games and oh boy has it been fun to be back at it. These games seem to age really well. And I love them modded, the added content just makes great games even better. I really enjoy new challenges and long play through's. So my question is this, is there anyone out there still making/planning new mods?

I think there's plenty of space for much more and the Eschalon games have yet so much more to give, more pontential for longer play time and more to explore. :D I even thought if I should go into it myself, but that would probably take too much time to learn and there's already talented modders out there, but does anybody have the time and interest for more? I'm sure I'm not the only hard core fan who's burning with desire to get some new stuff to play some time.

There's still untapped potential in these games, a lot of it.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Any modders still out there at it?

Post by SpottedShroom »

I had lots of cool ideas for mods, but I feel like it's just not possible to do much that's interesting without more mod support in the engine. New art, new characters, new enemies - all of that's not possible as the situation currently stands. I don't blame BW for not wanting to spend limited time and resources on an old game, but I do hope someday that the engine source code gets released.
Hexhammer
Apprentice

Post by Hexhammer »

That would open so much doors for sure. So for now its reuse of existing content and that's it.

Well, I got so much of the existing mods not yet played that I will keep finding new stuff for a while. But more is more. :mrgreen:
Travet46
Initiate

Post by Travet46 »

I have created several mods for myself that rearrange the Eschalon map. I tried to upload them but they are too large to upload.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Travet46 wrote: December 10th, 2020, 2:03 pm I have created several mods for myself that rearrange the Eschalon map. I tried to upload them but they are too large to upload.
In general you need to upload the files to a service or have your own server and put a link here. We can't really expect BW to pay for a file server behind this BB for our stuff.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.