A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Wanted Mods List

Post by IJBall »

severian wrote:there`s a basilisk / salamandra sprite

just add HP and stats
That could be a workaround, provided there's a way to "scale up" the size of sprites on screen. (I.E. A "dragon" even the size of a Devilmander from Book II, would be laughably small!! :lol: )

I've got a really simple suggestion for a Mod, if someone wants to easily kill a few days on something simple:
  • Go back, and edit all of the Book II maps so that all of the 'skeletal remains' are now loot-clickable!! In fact, just go back through Book II and put in as many (new) 'clickable' elements as makes sense!... :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Vroqren wrote: Eh - just use a human sprite for Karamiklan - they look about the same, right? :D
Actually, Karamiklan is really a dwarf. Don't believe me?
Attachments
dwarf2.png
dwarf2.png (11.72 KiB) Viewed 16089 times
dwarf1.png
dwarf1.png (38.71 KiB) Viewed 16089 times
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

SpottedShroom wrote:Actually, Karamiklan is really a dwarf.
:D
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Question:

Has anyone tried just replacing the Book III maps with the Book II maps, and tried playing the Book II maps with the Book III app yet?

Cause I think I'd love to have a chance to play through Book II, with the new Book III Rogue 'titles', if that works... :mrgreen:
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:Question:

Has anyone tried just replacing the Book III maps with the Book II maps, and tried playing the Book II maps with the Book III app yet?

Cause I think I'd love to have a chance to play through Book II, with the new Book III Rogue 'titles', if that works... :mrgreen:
Having reverse-engineered the Book III map format for the editor, I can say that Book II maps will definitely not play unmodified in Book III. Writing a converter between the two formats would probably not be very difficult, though.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:Having reverse-engineered the Book III map format for the editor, I can say that Book II maps will definitely not play unmodified in Book III. Writing a converter between the two formats would probably not be very difficult, though.
A converter for the Book II maps would be very cool.. 8)

I guess I'm surprised the maps are different formats (being the same resolution tiles, and all...), though I guess I probably shouldn't be.
okashii
Senior Steward

Post by okashii »

I'd like a mod where all your attribute scores start at 7 and you have a total of 48 points to distribute in order to simulate an average point buy system.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Vroqren wrote:•Rockhammer Mine expansion:
[+] SPOILER
We know that this mine has been around for a while, and as it mentions, the dwarves that are mining are very, very deep. I think it would be wonderful to go loot them while they're mining, and kill of all the workers. Well, now that I type it out, it sounds like a terrible idea. It sounded better in my head though.
Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:I'd like to see a mod that adds many more hidden objects to make Spot Hidden and Perception more useful. I only remember finding a couple of Cadecium Dusts at Weeping Mountain. :(
I'm working on a mod for Rockhammer Mine level 3. (Just in case there are other modders out there, so we don't duplicate efforts). I'm basing my mod off the sign by the impassable gate at the end of level 2 that says that the entrance to level 3 is closed, and that it's closed for a reason. It begs the questions, "Why? What's down there that they're so afraid of?"

The mod will be for mid-level to high-level characters. I'm adding some hidden ore & gems to make Spot Hidden more worthwhile, and I'm also adding some things for other skills that aren't heavily used in the main game. This mod is turning out to be fairly sizeable, and should add another hour or so to the gameplay.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Glossome
Apprentice

Post by Glossome »

MyGameCompany wrote:I'm basing my mod off the sign by the impassable gate at the end of level 2 that says that the entrance to level 3 is closed, and that it's closed for a reason. It begs the questions, "Why? What's down there that they're so afraid of?"
Hmm ... A mine. Dwarves digging deep (too deeply ...?) A gate with a warning that it's closed for a reason...

At this point, is it even possible that there isn't a balrog down there?

Which, y'know, I'm cool with that.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Not exactly a balrog, but I think you'll be pleased when you get to see what's down there... :wink:
Troy
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
JewelCG
Apprentice

Post by JewelCG »

Would it be very hard to mod in a 'house' in Moonrise, or anywhere, that belongs to the character? With his/her own bed and plenty of chests to store things in.

I'd give it a try, but I can't get the Book 3 map editor to work.

One of the things that I would have really liked to have been able to do was buy property in Book 2. Now that Book 3 is out and you don't start with your own place I think it would be a fun and useful option.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

JewelCG wrote:Would it be very hard to mod in a 'house' in Moonrise, or anywhere, that belongs to the character? With his/her own bed and plenty of chests to store things in.

I'd give it a try, but I can't get the Book 3 map editor to work.

One of the things that I would have really liked to have been able to do was buy property in Book 2. Now that Book 3 is out and you don't start with your own place I think it would be a fun and useful option.
This is theoretically what the empty house in Elderoak forest is for.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:
JewelCG wrote:Would it be very hard to mod in a 'house' in Moonrise, or anywhere, that belongs to the character? With his/her own bed and plenty of chests to store things in.

This is theoretically what the empty house in Elderoak forest is for.
I find the house in Elderoak too far away to be useful for that sort of thing.

The ruined house just west of Rockhammer would have been a better choice for this kind of thing - too bad that house doesn't contain any chests and/or drawers to use for just such a thing...
JewelCG
Apprentice

Post by JewelCG »

The house in Elderoak would be great, however, its the walking, walking, walking to get there.. and besides, I'm old and have memory issues. I'd forget where the house is. Wait... already done.

Besides, there's no bed to sleep in!

So yeah, for those of us with issues, how about a house somewhere near a quick travel area? Moonrise or Old Moonrise would be perfect I think.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I use the house in Rockhammer that's across from the magic dealer. It has a chest and lots of room to drop powder kegs for storage. I just make sure I close the door after I enter so the loitering dwarf outside doesn't see me using the chest. (I also use the house next door for additional storage - after I pick the lock, of course).
Troy