Book III Mod: Alchemist's Tower in Moonrise (update 4/11/14)

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Book III Mod: Alchemist's Tower in Moonrise (update 4/11

Post by xolotl »

leonxim wrote:Thanks for this Mod. Trouble is that im not very good in maths so failed to enter. i need code. i've finished playing Rockhammer Mine Lvl 3 and its really well done. i enjoyed it very much.
Take a look at DGZeya's post, a few posts above your own. The one with the three "spoiler" sections. :)
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

xolotl wrote:
leonxim wrote:Thanks for this Mod. Trouble is that im not very good in maths so failed to enter. i need code. i've finished playing Rockhammer Mine Lvl 3 and its really well done. i enjoyed it very much.
Take a look at DGZeya's post, a few posts above your own. The one with the three "spoiler" sections. :)
Already read them all earlier :)
i tried my best & spent many hours already without results. After getting the code i'll reconsider why i couldn't figure it out.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

leonxim wrote:i tried my best & spent many hours already without results. After getting the code i'll reconsider why i couldn't figure it out.
To expand on DGZeya's last hint:
[+] SPOILER
"7!" means "7 Factorial," which means to multiply 7*6*5*4*3*2*1. (An asterisk is most often used to denote multiplication in computing - you might be more used to seeing an "x" instead.) The table on the right side of the Factorial Wikipedia page might be of use as well.
One final nudge:
[+] SPOILER
Did you know you can use Google as a calculator? Or even like this?
Aaaand in the end:
[+] SPOILER
The answer is 5040. Enjoy!
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

Thanks xolotl . i really appreciate your help :)
[+] SPOILER
Now, the thing is that how come 7! matches with the hint 7.9.17.22.........?

& where from this came in 7*6*5*4*3*2*1
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

leonxim wrote:Thanks xolotl . i really appreciate your help :)
[+] SPOILER
Now, the thing is that how come 7! matches with the hint 7.9.17.22.........?

& where from this came in 7*6*5*4*3*2*1
No problem!

Anyway, those two are actually unrelated:
[+] SPOILER
The tombstone which reads "Your lucky numbers this week: 4, 9, 17, 22, 25, 35, 36" is in the "base" Eschalon game and originally wasn't a puzzle at all - it was just a bit of silliness put into the game by BW. This mod did decide to make use of those numbers for the initial code, as a puzzle, but it's completely unrelated to the "7!" puzzle which you encounter later inside the tower.
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

@xolotli i was asking for the code of base entrance :lol: im still outside stuck on the graveyard :lol:
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

leonxim wrote:@xolotli i was asking for the code of base entrance :lol: im still outside stuck on the graveyard :lol:
Oh, oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. I'd assumed you were stuck at the "7!" lock, which you'll run into much later.

For this one:
[+] SPOILER
The hint mentions "The sum of your luck." Another word for "sum" is "add..."
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

xolotl wrote: For this one:
[+] SPOILER
The hint mentions "The sum of your luck." Another word for "sum" is "add..."
Hmmm.
[+] SPOILER
i guess someone already replied 148 earlier & that's not a 4 digit code. im not that bad in maths :oops:
i don't think its a wise idea to improvise oneself in playing with others minds. if i want to improvise myself, i'll choose something good, something Best.

im not much of the talker mate. i found out most of the talks we do whole day are useless. meaningless. so i preferred or we could say chose silence better than that. We all are free to choose what we prefer :) Our choices decides our next destination.

The code please....
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

[+] SPOILER
leonxim wrote:i guess someone already replied 148 earlier & that's not a 4 digit code. im not that bad in maths :oops:
There's nothing stopping you from putting three digits in a four-digit input box... This is actually the same situation as your question about the tomb from the Mystery of Rockhammer Mine mod.
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

xolotl wrote:
[+] SPOILER
leonxim wrote:i guess someone already replied 148 earlier & that's not a 4 digit code. im not that bad in maths :oops:
There's nothing stopping you from putting three digits in a four-digit input box... This is actually the same situation as your question about the tomb from the Mystery of Rockhammer Mine mod.
:lol:

ok, its been nice talking to you mate :) Like i just replied there that its because i was supposed to visit here :) i'll stay in touch :wink:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Weird Heather, I wanted to pop in and add my compliments on the Alchemist's Tower mod. Lots of fun. Lots of cool loot. Great gag loot. So (*) EW*H )&$ many traps... ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Weird Heather
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Weird Heather »

I've been busy this week and haven't been able to visit the site for a few days. Thanks, xolotl, for providing all of those hints. I suppose those math-related puzzles can be a bit devious. (There will be more of them in my upcoming mod.)

I'm glad people have been enjoying this mod. I had a lot of fun making it. If you like this one, the big one I'm working on now will have some similar characteristics, but it will be a lot nastier.
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

This one was really "Insane" i loved playing it :D & the special items.... muahhh :P

Great job mate great job :D
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Weird Heather wrote: If you like this one, the big one I'm working on now will have some similar characteristics, but it will be a lot nastier.
Yo Weirdo! I have not paid attention to this section of comments for so long I forgot when I started your mods. I have the tower and rockhamnmer mines/rooms and west of Frogland. Was this comment made before or after those mods were available... I ask because i REALLY liked your mods and was hoping there would be more. What say you?
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

lilwoofer wrote:
Weird Heather wrote: If you like this one, the big one I'm working on now will have some similar characteristics, but it will be a lot nastier.
Yo Weirdo! I have not paid attention to this section of comments for so long I forgot when I started your mods. I have the tower and rockhamnmer mines/rooms and west of Frogland. Was this comment made before or after those mods were available... I ask because i REALLY liked your mods and was hoping there would be more. What say you?
West Mirkland and level three of Rockhammer Mine were made by MyGameCompany. Alchemist's Tower and the expanded stuff around the first town are from Weird Heather. All four are really cool expansions. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.