Book III Character / Map Editor v1.0.1 (April 15, 2014)

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Book III Character / Map Editor v1.0.0 (April 2, 2014)

Post by SpottedShroom »

GChrisSfish21 wrote:I tried changing the plist file from python version 7 to version 6, but got a fatal error.

Is there something else I could change?
Sorry, what's the context for this? What plist file are you changing and why? Are you running the 1.0.0 OS X packaged build?
ehsmadhatter
Initiate

Post by ehsmadhatter »

SS I have the current 1.021 version and there are only four files, 3 text files and the app. I have my files unhiden, and have searched other areas in Lib. with eschalon files. Wasn't this a problem in book 2 awhile back? I thought I saw something about it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Duke
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

GChrisSfish21 wrote:I tried changing the plist file from python version 7 to version 6, but got a fatal error.

Is there something else I could change?
Sorry, what's the context for this? What plist file are you changing and why? Are you running the 1.0.0 OS X packaged build?
Am running OSX 10.68 using the DL link provided on page 1: OSX .dmg: Eschalon Utils 1.0.0.dmg. The version of python included in 1068 is 6. The eschalon_utils/Contents/info.plist requires v7. Without the change to v7, eschalon_utils does not work. The change was an attempt to get it to work. This crash at least opened the Console app. FWIW
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

ehsmadhatter wrote:SS I have the current 1.021 version and there are only four files, 3 text files and the app. I have my files unhiden, and have searched other areas in Lib. with eschalon files. Wasn't this a problem in book 2 awhile back? I thought I saw something about it.
Wow, that's... interesting. It looks like the 1.021 Mac version doesn't use a datapak, it moves all of the resources into Contents/Files under the .app bundle. That's kind of a big deal since it means that the resources aren't encrypted.

I just pushed a fix for this to the git repo. I'll talk to xolotl about getting a new release out ASAP.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

GChrisSfish21 wrote: Am running OSX 10.68 using the DL link provided on page 1: OSX .dmg: Eschalon Utils 1.0.0.dmg. The version of python included in 1068 is 6. The eschalon_utils/Contents/info.plist requires v7. Without the change to v7, eschalon_utils does not work. The change was an attempt to get it to work. This crash at least opened the Console app. FWIW
Yeah, a method like that isn't going to help. All of the bundled library files are linked against Python 7, so that app build is never going to run on Python 6, sorry. I'd like to support Mac OS 10.6, but I don't have a system I can use to build the app there.
ehsmadhatter
Initiate

Post by ehsmadhatter »

Thanks SS, just so you know it is the same for book 1 and 2 also.

Duke
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:
GChrisSfish21 wrote: Am running OSX 10.68 using the DL link provided on page 1: OSX .dmg: Eschalon Utils 1.0.0.dmg. The version of python included in 1068 is 6. The eschalon_utils/Contents/info.plist requires v7. Without the change to v7, eschalon_utils does not work. The change was an attempt to get it to work. This crash at least opened the Console app. FWIW
Yeah, a method like that isn't going to help. All of the bundled library files are linked against Python 7, so that app build is never going to run on Python 6, sorry. I'd like to support Mac OS 10.6, but I don't have a system I can use to build the app there.
It looks like it's a good thing I haven't installed this yet (on my 10.6.8 Mac OS Mac)... :?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Sorry, 10.6 and earlier folks are going to have to do the Xcode/homebrew/source thing for now. I don't suppose anyone knows of a legal way to get 10.6 install media?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

SpottedShroom wrote:I'd like to support Mac OS 10.6, but I don't have a system I can use to build the app there.
I take that back. 10.6 isn't supported by Apple any more, and I don't want to deal with maintaining a system (even a VM) that's not getting security updates. Sorry, Apple laggards.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Book III Character / Map Editor v1.0.1 (April 15, 2014)

Post by xolotl »

I believe SpottedShroom's going to be posting a separate thread about this, but v1.0.1 just got released. This is primarily a bugfix release, and addresses a pretty major concern for OSX users in particular. You can check out the changelog in the first post here, or online. Enjoy!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

FYI, I'd been meaning to get "serious" about these releases for awhile... It's possible you'd noticed that the 1.0.0 release was the first one to actually include some checksums of the released files (though Sourceforge had always provided some checksums there, provided you were willing to click on an "information" link). Anyway, as of 1.0.1, I'm now signing both the release files themselves, and an ASCII checksum file. I've got links in the first post (and on the site), for anyone who might theoretically care. Not a huge deal, but some of us are in the habit of that kind of thing.

Here's the key that I'll be using: B4ABC956 @ pgp.mit.edu
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

There are no known or current security threats to 10.68. Current exploits are aimed at newer versions. Could argue that 10.6 is more secure than 10.9 or whatever.
ehsmadhatter
Initiate

Post by ehsmadhatter »

osX version is still looking for the datapak which does not exist.
I do like the new app graphic.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

ehsmadhatter wrote:osX version is still looking for the datapak which does not exist.
I do like the new app graphic.
It should ask for "datapak (or directory containing gfx directory)" when you start it. Is that not what you're seeing?