Book III Character / Map Editor v1.0.1 (April 16, 2014)

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Book III Character / Map Editor v1.0.1 (April 16, 2014)

Post by SpottedShroom »

xolotl and I are happy to announce the latest version of the Character / Map editor, v1.0.1. For general information, see the 1.0.0 release thread: http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... =34&t=9276

The changes in this version are: Get it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eschalonutils/
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Book III Character / Map Editor v1.0.1 (April 16, 2014)

Post by IJBall »

For the record, you may want to note that the current editor officially doesn't support Mac OS 10.6...

(And now I have to decide whether I should spend extra money this summer on a laptop or not... :| )
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:For the record, you may want to note that the current editor officially doesn't support Mac OS 10.6...

(And now I have to decide whether I should spend extra money this summer on a laptop or not... :| )
I know 10.7 doesn't support 32-bit Core chips in some older hardware. Is that why you can't upgrade?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:
IJBall wrote:For the record, you may want to note that the current editor officially doesn't support Mac OS 10.6...

I know 10.7 doesn't support 32-bit Core chips in some older hardware. Is that why you can't upgrade?
Short answer: My old white MacBook doesn't have the hardware necessary (I can't remember if it's the issue you mention, or if it's something else) to upgrade past OS 10.6.8... :(
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:When you upgrade your laptop IJBall why don't you get one with a proper operating system? :D
Linux?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Linux?
I said a proper operating system!
Yeah, but there aren't any Eschalon builds for FreeBSD.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:When you upgrade your laptop IJBall why don't you get one with a proper operating system? :D
Two years ago, I was certain I was going to get a MacBook with Boot Camp installed.

But, post-Windows 8, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do that now... :evil:
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Sorry for not joining the current discussion, but I have a problem. When trying to download the Windows steup.exe I get the "this program isn't commonly downloaded" -error, and I can't do a damn thing about it. Can anyone help?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Lord_P wrote:Sorry for not joining the current discussion, but I have a problem. When trying to download the Windows steup.exe I get the "this program isn't commonly downloaded" -error, and I can't do a damn thing about it. Can anyone help?
Seems like some kind of stupid IE anti-malware filter. Maybe try Chrome or Firefox.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I tried Chrome, but it still won't work. I'm not sure what the error is, since my computer's language is Finnish.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Lord_P wrote:I tried Chrome, but it still won't work. I'm not sure what the error is, since my computer's language is Finnish.
It sounds like this is the software causing the issue: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... stions-ie9

It sounds like it should just be an Internet Explorer thing, though perhaps Chrome uses it also or something. There's instructions in that link about how to get around it, or how to disable the feature entirely.
mph66
Apprentice

Post by mph66 »

Question: I'm using the Character Editor for Book III on a MacBook, OS 10.9.x. Looking for the directory where the datpak and character files are located. I'm not sure where to point the character editor to. Some help?

Thanks.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

mph66 wrote:Question: I'm using the Character Editor for Book III on a MacBook, OS 10.9.x. Looking for the directory where the datpak and character files are located. I'm not sure where to point the character editor to. Some help?

Thanks.
In the Finder, hold down the Option key and click the Go menu. From there select Library (the one that has no shortcut key and disappears if you let go of the option key). In that Library folder open Application Support\Basilisk Games\Book 3 Saved Games

The char file will be in the saved game "slot" where you saved it, with the Quick Save being slot 1 and the 19 custom named slots being 2 through 20
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
mph66 wrote:Question: I'm using the Character Editor for Book III on a MacBook, OS 10.9.x. Looking for the directory where the datpak and character files are located. I'm not sure where to point the character editor to. Some help?

Thanks.
In the Finder, hold down the Option key and click the Go menu. From there select Library (the one that has no shortcut key and disappears if you let go of the option key). In that Library folder open Application Support\Basilisk Games\Book 3 Saved Games

The char file will be in the saved game "slot" where you saved it, with the Quick Save being slot 1 and the 19 custom named slots being 2 through 20
BTW, SS and xolotl might want to add something about this (along with the whole hidden folder issue) to the online Mac documentation for the Editor. Just a suggestion...
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

IJBall wrote:BTW, SS and xolotl might want to add something about this (along with the whole hidden folder issue) to the online Mac documentation for the Editor. Just a suggestion...
Yeah, indeed, that should get added there.

Also I should really take a look at the Mac bits of the preferences code to figure out if we can get the app better at just auto-detecting that stuff.

SS, if you wanted to grab that, btw, feel free - I'm probably not going to have time to do any serious work on the editor until later next week. Otherwise, I'll just get it then!