The Sanctum: Mod for powerful wizards

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
Calathon
Marshall

Re: Book III mod: The Sanctum

Post by Calathon »

Just open your spellbook, mark the spell you wish to forget and press DEL. :wink:
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

I tried that and it didn't work... until I recalled that Macs have 2!!! delete buttons and one of them worked!! Thanks for that mental push to get me to think!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Yeah Shroom it's me again. But I finally have installed the newer version of Sanctum. It IS easier... except for one little place. I have solved all of the rooms except for the cast repeatedly area.
[+] SPOILER
I have tried demon oil, compress atmosphere with a graven idol, supernova, detonating kegs, timed and otherwise but nothing is toggling that switch. In my head, nothing seems to be logical, but heck, my brain is old and too tired any more!!! So, I officially give up. What is the answer for this one?
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote:Yeah Shroom it's me again. But I finally have installed the newer version of Sanctum. It IS easier... except for one little place. I have solved all of the rooms except for the cast repeatedly area.
[+] SPOILER
I have tried demon oil, compress atmosphere with a graven idol, supernova, detonating kegs, timed and otherwise but nothing is toggling that switch. In my head, nothing seems to be logical, but heck, my brain is old and too tired any more!!! So, I officially give up. What is the answer for this one?
[+] SPOILER
Stand next to the window. Cast Graven Idol repeatedly until one spawns on the other side of the wall where you can fireball it.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Thanks, Shroom. After trying that 2 times, I thought I was doing it wrong. Just needed more patience!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Okay, now I am bothering you again. I passed all the trials with no failure notice at the end.All pentagrams were lit with blue lightning.The hole turned into a new pentagram. I set the gems upon their respective pedestals. But when I get to the chair, nada, zip, zilch. And in this version (1.1), I even tried what I did on the previous version, and that was to sabotage the machinery. Last version a big wave a flames washed down the center... luckily I was off to the side and was missed but still the place was blown apart and I received the finale. This version, nothing. I walked around and around thinking maybe it was a time detonator or something, but not a thing. Could it be because I loaded the mod after my character was max'ed in everything and was ready to approach the dragon? I started a brand new game yesterday and will work my way through it this week to see if maybe that was the case. but just curious. I DO prefer your ending to the other... as fits in with the entire alien future stuff and more rightfully closes the story with a better idea... No offense, i hope, was taken, BW. Your games are superb. Just my preference for the ending.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote:I set the gems upon their respective pedestals. But when I get to the chair, nada, zip, zilch. And in this version (1.1), I even tried what I did on the previous version, and that was to sabotage the machinery. Last version a big wave a flames washed down the center... luckily I was off to the side and was missed but still the place was blown apart and I received the finale.
Can you post your saved game? Maybe I can figure out what happened.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Could not attach as 256 kb is all that is allowed here... The zipped file I have is 688 kb. Was looking to delete files to make the folder smaller, but then thought I better not in case one of the files I deleted was the problem factor... Any suggestions?

p.s. I just learned that I can compress files on my Mac. I warned y'all I have no clues when it comes to computers any more!! I remember .sit files, myself, from the 90's!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Probably all I really need is the map files related to the mod (assuming the game was saved on one of them) and the char and savename files. Or you could just upload to one of the file sharing sites like Dropbox, etc.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Alright, Shrrom, as requested, save file, cahr file, maps that were in the save file. While deleting the others I noted that the files existent in your mod included 2 files that start with craft. But in my saved game, there was no such files... The files ARE in the game app, though.
Attachments
slot20.zip
(20.16 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote:Alright, Shrrom, as requested, save file, cahr file, maps that were in the save file. While deleting the others I noted that the files existent in your mod included 2 files that start with craft. But in my saved game, there was no such files... The files ARE in the game app, though.
Ah, I see the problem. Quests 201 and 202 are used to track how many cruxes you've placed in the craft's power plant, and how many control panels you've sabotaged, respectively. And once you've started to sabotage the controls, you can no longer activate the craft. It looks like your game has those quests already set to 1 before entering the Orakur Craft map, though.

My first thought was that another mod had set those, but none of the released mods so far (Rockhammer Mine, Alchemist Tower, West Mirkland, Small Dungeons) seem to do that. In any case, moving my quest numbers up to the 300s ought to be sufficient to correct the problem.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Then if I read correctly, there will be a new update to your mod, right? Or is it something corrupt on my file, only?? If the former, I'll keep an eye out for the latest update. If the latter, would it be something you'd do to the files I zipped to you and can later download? Or am I stuck? I really want to see your endings as I liked the blowing up bit when sabotaged in your first version!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote:Then if I read correctly, there will be a new update to your mod, right? Or is it something corrupt on my file, only?? If the former, I'll keep an eye out for the latest update. If the latter, would it be something you'd do to the files I zipped to you and can later download? Or am I stuck? I really want to see your endings as I liked the blowing up bit when sabotaged in your first version!
Yup, I will release a new version soon. I just need to go through and re-number all the quests.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Thanks as always for your help and your great mod!!!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

So it looks like quest space is tighter than I thought. There are only around 256 available quests, and many are already used by the base game. Furthermore, evidently the way I'm looking for used quests - listing scripts in the map and dialog files - isn't complete.

So could some people please post saves from the end of the game where they've completed all of the quests? Amazingly I don't have any myself since I haven't played a complete game in the final version of the game. All I need is the char and savename files, plus all the files for whatever map the game is saved on. Thanks!