The Sanctum: Mod for powerful wizards

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Re: Book III mod: The Sanctum

Post by lilwoofer »

So could some people please post saves from the end of the game where they've completed all of the quests?
I assume since I am the one with the messed up file, you don't want my game info? Oh, and it just dawned on me. Some quests get cancelled (think Akadai Head hunting switched to gift of the king of the gland) and with Edgar, do you want both quests? or will one of acquiring the Bow suffice? The priest's quest demands you kill a NPC which BW said he would fix but I have not heard about an update on that, as yet.
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote: I assume since I am the one with the messed up file, you don't want my game info? Oh, and it just dawned on me. Some quests get cancelled (think Akadai Head hunting switched to gift of the king of the gland) and with Edgar, do you want both quests? or will one of acquiring the Bow suffice? The priest's quest demands you kill a NPC which BW said he would fix but I have not heard about an update on that, as yet.
Post what you've got. I'll be comparing everybody's saves (I already got some from xolotl - thanks!) so it's not a big deal if yours are missing a quest or two.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

One more question: I assume you want the completed game with the dragon not your ending and it does not matter which faction, correct? I am just about to enter the dragons lair, then, to finish the game as soon as I can for you. I am just up in the Astral Mountains and about to talk to the Dude (cannot recall his name right at this moment) Once done, I will save the game and send you the important parts like before. I think I got all the quests, including killing Edgar after retrieving Bittersting and then talking to the priest.
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

OOOPS! One other question: What map # do I send you for the final battle. It takes place in Macross, supposedly, but I want to make certain and also do not know how to tell what number map it would be. Thanks, SS. Now on to a previously saved game to get better loot and attack your sanctum when you have the new info in place!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

The only thing I was not able to figure - though I have done this before - is the secret areas. I was only able to find 29 of the 30. I have no idea where that last one went. Next time I play I am going to make a list of all of their coordinates. But no never mind, here's my completed game. Hope it helps cuz I am anxious to take that craft to the future!!
Attachments
slot2.zip
(41.73 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Trust me, Spottedshroom, once you have the update for the ending, I will stop bothering you. But now I have discovered another hiccough. The last time I sent you a zip, it was for me to fight in BW's original version, while I awaited your completion of the time traveling chair. But now I went up north to finish all the puzzles before entering the chamber and got to the one that used to have pentagrams, but now is just a pedestal in the middle of a square. I walked directly across and touched the obelisk without being transported around the room. So i figure I better tell you about this latest glitch. None of the transporter cells are working. Anyway, hope you're doing well and I seriously promise to stop bugging you once you have the latest updates so I can fly to the future.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

That's probably also a quest problem that the re-numbering should fix.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:So are me and lilwoofer the only ones that have played to some extend your mod and gave feedback?
That I've heard, yes. And it seems like the finale was busted because of quest number collisions. Maybe people were scared off by your review of the initial version, which was certainly way too difficult. Or maybe people who don't have anything nice to say haven't said anything.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Or maybe people who don't have anything nice to say haven't said anything.
Seriously? You WANT people with bad opinions to write? Me, personally, i think your ending was a blast... LITERALLY, at the end when I was almost sabotaged by the freaky fire! BUT!!! I will say, it was hard, true and I asked too many questions, I know. I am NOT computer savvy and think anyone could have completed it. EVEN the first version... if I only could have sat in the time machine! Oh, Prismatic, BTW, xolotl, also had feedback. I am not sure if it was good, just know that he also tried Spotted's modification.

And Spotted, since it seems you and I are predominately the ones talking about your mod here, no one should mind if this is off the beaten subject: Your mod is very cool and keeps me reloading a new character just to get to the north again. So, I was wondering: do YOU have any plans for creating a game such as Basilisk's? I wish I knew where to go for games just like this series. And I am very certain you could create such a game!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Sorry, I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to. Been working diligently on my huge Book II mod. But I'm looking forward to trying your mod!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

Ehm, I feel a little dumb right now, but: is version 1.1 the latest (and finalized) of the mod?
To be honest, I mostly checked this topic viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9311&p=57709# for news because I thought this sanctum was just a part of the whole mod and I wanted to wait until it is completely finished. :?:
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Seriously? You WANT people with bad opinions to write?
Of course! PM's feedback was very helpful in fixing problems with the initial version.
So, I was wondering: do YOU have any plans for creating a game such as Basilisk's? I wish I knew where to go for games just like this series. And I am very certain you could create such a game!
If working on this mod has taught me anything, it's that I should stick to writing code and let others write content :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Calathon wrote:Ehm, I feel a little dumb right now, but: is version 1.1 the latest (and finalized) of the mod?
To be honest, I mostly checked this topic viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9311&p=57709# for news because I thought this sanctum was just a part of the whole mod and I wanted to wait until it is completely finished. :?:
No, this is the whole mod. 1.1 isn't the final release, though, since I know there are serious outstanding bugs caused by my assuming that certain quest numbers weren't in use. You should probably wait until the next release to try it. I hope to have that out this week sometime.
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

Well, I didn´t wait and played your mod, here is my feedback:
[+] SPOILER
- I really liked that you can try and abort almost every quest (in case you don´t feel you are up to it right now)
- It would have been nice, though, if there was an exit from the "demon-oil-room". I once saved in there (without the oil, of course) and had to restart because I was locked in - apart from that this room gave me a headache because I was trying to blast some kegs without causing a chain reaction, which isn´t possible. So I had to read some hints on this room
- I did not solve the "red and green"-room by myself since I thought I had to ingnite/extinguish the torches in the correct order. Now I know that red dots on the map are for kegs and green ones for the monolith. Didn´t know that because I only invest very few points in cartography, but the "demon-oil-room" gives a clue for that ( at least now I get the clue)
- the "maze-room" reminds me on Fallout 2, where you have to go through a maze on the Enclave oil platform. So this is one of my favourite quests, but I did not solve it entirely on my own because I did not think of the portal spell. Mainly because one room (don´t remember which one) forbids the use of portal.
- the "teleporter-room" nearly drove me insane, so thanks for the step by step instructions :wink:
- after I killed the 3 generals (simultaneously, using super nova) and did some steps, there was a brief message saying something about a failed challenge - I could touch the monolith anyway, so I don´t know which challenge I was on
- I entered the Orakur craft and it seems I am stuck: neither sabotage nor insertion of the stones seems to have any effect (I did not do both at the same time), so I read about this quest-numbering-problem: which files exactly do you need in order to get this issue fixed?
So altogether, I really like the mod and it was quite challenging, even if it may have become easier than before. :)
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

If working on this mod has taught me anything, it's that I should stick to writing code and let others write content :)
Alas and alack, another chance to get a great game developed - gone! Ah well, I an say I understand but only a little bit. And that is why I am not even a code writer!!! I can't even READ the stuff! you all amaze me with this knowledge, like Natalie wanting to learn to read the letters from A to Z! All the lines to me a mystery. Spotted, pull down the apple and give a taste to me!! <G>

And I will happily await your fixed code/content!