A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Book II Mod: Return to Bastion Spire

Post by MyGameCompany »

No problem.
[+] SPOILER
Blank parchment is the answer. Just need to have it in your pack, then continue on the path. You can just walk through the tree.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Ah thanks, it appears
[+] SPOILER
I had Scribbled parchment not blank
off to do some shopping :lol:
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Oh dear, stuck again, I've gotten to the top of the wizzards tower and found the details directing to me to some ones cabin, however I've spent the entire day today walking all over this fair land and I'm completly unable to find it.

I've covered the two swampy maps immediately south of the tower, a foresty map (the one with a man trapped in his tavern cellar) that had a couple of building that could have fit the bill but nothing to suggest they were the right one.

I've also been all over the maps with all the farms, north to the one with a bunch of bandits in there big building and east over all the farms right up to the hidden villagers.

The only places I haven't been yet are:

Hidden Temple - Could find no way to open the first portcullis.
The Mine - Not sure if I can even get in here, need to go find a powder keg and check back.
South of Misery Path(?) - From what I seem to have read in game and on here I'm not sure I really need to go through there, or if there is even anything over there but it seems to be the only way left to head.

If I'm missing something glaringly obvious please let me know (and feel free to slap me).
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

If you look at the Escalon world map (or better yet, the map of Mistfell), you'll see that you need to get across the Mighty Mountains to the south to get to Bastion Spire. The map only shows one way across the mountains - that's the Misty Pass. I actually provided a second hidden way past the mountains.
Troy
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

I've twice now thought I had found the secret way to bypass Misty Pass but after full exploration of both the mine and the mountain abby they both proved to be dead ends.

It looks like I'm going to have to try and slaughter the Taurax army and head through the pass :roll:

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

[+] SPOILER
You don't have to slaughter the army to get through the pass. You can try sneaking through the camp...

Also, there is a hint to the second, secret path in the Magicians Tower.
Troy
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

I have now managed to butcher a large portion of their army with my super mage skills and I'm successfully throught the pass.

Still intrigued about the other option though so I'm gonna go back and read things more carefully.

raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

That's one shortcut found and traversed, I really should start to read things more carefully (and remember them) still I probablly would have missed several level ups if i'd found it straight away :lol:

More adventuring tomorrw.

Loving the mod so far by the way.

raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Minor bug report in the hidden treasure room in Bastion Spire Lvl 2, the three wooden chests along the wall can not be opened and are also not solid so can be walked through.

Samt thing with the Orakur style sign in the portal chamber.

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Ah, thanks for catching those!
Troy
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

I'm completely blanking on a few things.

1. The door combo on the first floor of Bastion Spire.

2. How to open the gate of the chest room on second floor (I think?) of Bastion Spire.

*3. Secondary entrance/exit to Dwarven mine (which from what I've read in this forum, may not actually exist yet).

4. How to actually enter the Wizard tower. I've gotten through the path, now all I see is a sealed square structure.

5. How to open gate in underground area of North-West Western Midlande (the area with the square pool in the center of the entrance room).

Needless to say I'm bad with puzzles. Any help with the above is appreciated. Loving the mod! I played through it with my recently completed bludgeoning character. I took on the entire Taurax army since I wasn't sure how else to get through. Even with 95 armor rating it would have been impossible without health and haste potions. Really loving the divine ore gear I've come across!

Edit: I overlooked that there were hints in the read me! My bad.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Ssschah wrote:I'm completely blanking on a few things.

1. The door combo on the first floor of Bastion Spire.
[+] SPOILER
You will need to have been in the wizzards tower to get this.

2. How to open the gate of the chest room on second floor (I think?) of Bastion Spire.
[+] SPOILER
If your where I think you are it's actually very easy, just a case of using the camera angle to to hide things.

[+] SPOILER
However your mouse over the spaces of the corridor hidden by the wall to find a lever.

*3. Secondary entrance/exit to Dwarven mine (which from what I've read in this forum, may not actually exist yet).
Having since looked at the map in the editor I'm pretty sure there isn't one.

4. How to actually enter the Wizard tower. I've gotten through the path, now all I see is a sealed square structure.
[+] SPOILER
You'll need the spot hidden skill to get in, then you may just to walk around a few times.

5. How to open gate in underground area of North-West Western Midlande (the area with the square pool in the center of the entrance room).
[+] SPOILER
There is a lever the other side of the gate which is again hidden so you'll need a range attack.

Needless to say I'm bad with puzzles. Any help with the above is appreciated. Loving the mod! I played through it with my recently completed bludgeoning character. I took on the entire Taurax army since I wasn't sure how else to get through. Even with 95 armor rating it would have been impossible without health and haste potions. Really loving the divine ore gear I've come across!

Edit: I overlooked that there were hints in the read me! My bad.
Apparently so did I.

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

One of the main steps to completing the mod is getting past the Mighty Mountains. There is the main path (Misty Pass), one secret path, and several dead-end paths. The dead-end paths are intentional. I like exploration, and I think it's fun when you're looking for a way to cross the mountains, find a potential path, explore it, find out it doesn't go anywhere, and then search for another path. Especially when you learn from the magician's tower that there IS a second path.
[+] SPOILER
The mine is one of the dead-end paths, but fun to explore nonetheless.
Troy
cariocamatuto
Initiate

Post by cariocamatuto »

Hi Troy and everybody. Wonderful mod, congratulations. I hope this forum is still visited so as anyone could give me some hints: a) could not find a lever or alternative path in order to access the Summer Cottage; b) after getting the Chancellor's sword and used the hidden portal behind the shield, could only use the diplomatic portal to Port Kuudad or destroy it by blowing all the kegs and getting two widgets. What next ? Where is the devastating weapon the hero looks for ? Is there any official end to this mod or that is only it, going back to Port Kuudad, sell the goodies and go back home ? c) probably due to a bug I reached the other side of the chasm in Gambit Valley, the chest and the portal therein, licked the rocks a bit more and entered the Chancellors Tomb or Mausoleum. After having cleaned up the Hall of Bones, could not open the exits (doors) to east and west near the cross style symbols. Is this an unfinished map ? Any help will be precious.
Thanks a ton in advance.
cariocamatuto
Initiate

Post by cariocamatuto »

Hi, went ahead and found out the secret path from Eastern Midlands down to the Tomb of the Chancellors. So, I was able to open the western entrance. However, the northeastern gate is still closed and apparently no lever nor hidden button. Any enlightenment ? The other doubts remain unsolved. Thanks.