Book II Mod: Return to Bastion Spire

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Book II Mod: Return to Bastion Spire

Post by SpottedShroom »

raverdave2k wrote:Whoops, I can't believe I had completely forgot you had released this :oops: , will try and make a start tonight. Don't think I have any Book I saves though so will be a new game, probably be the weekend before I get far enough to see the new content.
The content on the altered Yoma Narrows map is suitable for low-level characters, FYI.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

After a little break, I've started working on it again. I fixed all the bugs reported so far. I also fixed the loot level on many of the bodies, cabinets, chests, etc. (I had misread the tooltip for the loot level field - it says for a 0 value that it is "appropriate to your class", but I thought it said "appropriate for your level". Duh! That's what I get for not reading more carefully. So even the poor farmers will cough up a little bit better loot now.)

I haven't uploaded an update yet. I want to try to finish the remaining 5 maps first, and see if I can make Central Midlande a bit more interesting.

Meanwhile, please keep playing the beta and feel free to continue reporting additional bugs and providing feedback. I'm particularly curious what people think about the difficulty level for the southern maps, and especially Bastion Spire. Thanks!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

Wow this many new maps. this has me psyched about playing book 2 again.
Thanks for all the work and effort.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I found the first quick travel point, in Icewall. I used the correct combination but the door won't open.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

The ruined house in Western Thaermore at 24,128 is not possible to enter. All the collapsed walls are still impassible. Ditto the one at 47,119.

The Divine Ore Stiletto at 61,82 is worth surprisingly little - just 69 gold at Poor condition.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

SpottedShroom wrote:I found the first quick travel point, in Icewall. I used the correct combination but the door won't open.
That's interesting. It says I've set it to the correct combination, and the lock springs open, but the door won't open. I'll have to look at that. Thanks!

Edit: found the problem - the door state was "none". I changed it to "closed", and now it works. I'll try to publish an update with all the bug fixes soon.
Last edited by MyGameCompany on August 15th, 2014, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troy
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

SpottedShroom wrote:The Divine Ore Stiletto at 61,82 is worth surprisingly little - just 69 gold at Poor condition.
That chest was randomly populated by the game. A little repair work, and it should be worth a bit more...
Troy
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

MyGameCompany wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:The Divine Ore Stiletto at 61,82 is worth surprisingly little - just 69 gold at Poor condition.
That chest was randomly populated by the game. A little repair work, and it should be worth a bit more...
I still think it's a bug, just not your bug :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

SpottedShroom wrote:
MyGameCompany wrote:
I still think it's a bug, just not your bug :)
As I recall that was a thing in Book II with loot that was level-matched to you in chests. The machete in Cape Sorrow (I think I'm remembering that right). The material and damage leveled, but the value and hardiness did not level as much.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I can't enter the dungeon at 91,173 in Western Thaermore. The second two tombstones open gates correctly, but the first doesn't seem to.

You can get stuck going from Bastion Spire to Gambit Valley, around 2,0 on the first map.

You can walk off side of the ravine in Gambit Valley at 39,108 and 39,110

There are a bunch of "holes" in the east side of the stone circle in Gambit Valley, where it doesn't seem like you should be able to walk (or see) through, but you can. E.g. 65,160 to 66,160.

I don't know if you can do anything about it, but the stone circle is basically invisible on the minimap. The stones are the same color as the ground.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

SpottedShroom wrote:I can't enter the dungeon at 91,173 in Western Thaermore. The second two tombstones open gates correctly, but the first doesn't seem to.
This actually isn't a bug.
[+] SPOILER
There are 3 chests that are aligned with the 3 tombstones. The sayings on the tombstones indicate the necessary state of the corresponding chest. The chest must be in the correct state when you touch the corresponding tombstone.
SpottedShroom wrote:You can get stuck going from Bastion Spire to Gambit Valley, around 2,0 on the first map.

You can walk off side of the ravine in Gambit Valley at 39,108 and 39,110

There are a bunch of "holes" in the east side of the stone circle in Gambit Valley, where it doesn't seem like you should be able to walk (or see) through, but you can. E.g. 65,160 to 66,160.

I don't know if you can do anything about it, but the stone circle is basically invisible on the minimap. The stones are the same color as the ground.
Hm, that's actually one map I thought I had tested pretty thoroughly. Must have been tired that night...

By the way, I'm making good progress on the remaining content. In the past 3 days, I've finished 2 new outdoor maps (of the remaining 5), and am about halfway done with a rather large new dungeon. The southern part of Western Thaermore is going to be fun!
Troy
helivoy
Steward

Post by helivoy »

I am playing through this now -- it's the size of a whole game! More when I've visited all the secret nooks and crannies.
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.
-------------------------------------
Starship Reckless
To Seek Out New Life
The Other Half of the Sky
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

helivoy wrote:I am playing through this now -- it's the size of a whole game! More when I've visited all the secret nooks and crannies.
I know, right? It's amazing.
helivoy
Steward

Post by helivoy »

I wonder if I can have a hint about access to the 3 rooms in Humfrey's place? I found one of the three destinations, entered the correct code, but the destination door remains closed. Do I have to traipse back to the magician's tower? Many thanks in advance for hints - outright spoilers are fine, too!
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.
-------------------------------------
Starship Reckless
To Seek Out New Life
The Other Half of the Sky
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

helivoy wrote:I wonder if I can have a hint about access to the 3 rooms in Humfrey's place? I found one of the three destinations, entered the correct code, but the destination door remains closed. Do I have to traipse back to the magician's tower? Many thanks in advance for hints - outright spoilers are fine, too!
But please use the 'Spoiler box' if you do!! Like:
[+] SPOILER
Hey! There be SPOILERS in here!! :evil: