ZATMOS Q&A

General information about our next game.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: ZATMOS Q&A

Post by Painted Lady » February 3rd, 2017, 9:34 am

Zatmos is sounding like more fun all the time. Have you gotten all of your design elements figured out?

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler » February 3rd, 2017, 1:23 pm

Painted Lady wrote:Zatmos is sounding like more fun all the time. Have you gotten all of your design elements figured out?
No, and that's one reason I haven't posted screenshots.

The UI has gone through 4 changes in 6 months. The designs of the Marauders have changed a LOT since first draft last summer. In some ways the game itself is not even what I originally planned out.

I can't wait to get your (as in, all you Drunken Lizard Pub patrons) thoughts on the game when I release some screens and video.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook. Visit ZATMOS for a peek at our next project.

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany » February 3rd, 2017, 6:39 pm

Sounds a lot like my old Adventures of Rick Rocket game. It was a space shooter and had mission-based levels too. The only difference was instead of ship upgrades purchased at a shop, you found them via power-ups that certain enemies dropped when you blew them up.

Can't wait to take it for a spin, BW!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler » February 3rd, 2017, 7:28 pm

MyGameCompany wrote:Sounds a lot like my old Adventures of Rick Rocket game.
I'd love to give it a spin! Can you give me a link where I can buy a copy?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook. Visit ZATMOS for a peek at our next project.

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany » February 4th, 2017, 10:41 am

Unfortunately, it isn't currently available for sale since I closed my business a few years back. But I could look through my old backups and find an install for it. Would a Windows version be sufficient? I could upload it to my wife's craft site and send you a link. Is your email address still info at your domain?
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler » February 4th, 2017, 11:50 am

MyGameCompany wrote:
February 4th, 2017, 10:41 am
Would a Windows version be sufficient? I could upload it to my wife's craft site and send you a link. Is your email address still info at your domain?
Yes, and Yes. Thanks man.

Leezar
Senior Steward

Post by Leezar » February 6th, 2017, 4:53 am

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
February 3rd, 2017, 9:19 am
I think you, and others, will likely be surprised by what kind of a game Zodiac is (or isn't). It is not a RPG, in the traditional sense. It has some RPG elements, but I certainly would not call it that.

Think of a classic arcade space shooter. Got it? Now instead of wave-after-wave of enemies, drop in missions / tasks that need to be complete before a zone is cleared. Sure, just like in an RPG, enemies will try to stop you, but the goal of the game is not a high-score for blasting as many waves of enemies as possible- it's about following the storyline by completing missions (call missions "quests" if you wish). Upgrade stations will allow you to perform ship upgrades, much like outfitting your character at a blacksmith in Eschalon. Exploration will be rewarded.

In a way, maybe Zodiac is a bit like "Diablo in space". A lightweight action RPG, but with a spaceship instead of a character.
???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87fvncXl8EA
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5f3gtAfxl8
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzRZZe ... rwsgPPjPlH
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16uBdP6 ... YsZd84MKoa
=
ZATMOS

???
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler » February 6th, 2017, 8:27 am

= PROFIT??!?

Leezar
Senior Steward

Post by Leezar » March 14th, 2017, 4:36 am

You are very very sleepy...

Give us work in progress screenshots!!!
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler » March 14th, 2017, 5:07 am

:lol: Sorry Hypnotoad. This is difficult for both of us.

I'm just not ready to show anything yet. I want the "unveiling" to be really impactful, and I just don't have enough content for that yet.

Last week was a lot of maintenance code work- consolidating functions, making some systems more drop-in-and-go friendly such as unifying the weapons controller, so that the game's entities (including the player) can properly share weapons.

This week it looks like I am doing some sound design and music sampling, since much of the sound and music is still temporary and I want to start establishing an overall audio mood.

Although there is some real gameplay in place, I am still missing two major game elements which I want to be part of the unveil. Hopeful these will materialize in the next few weeks.

Overall, I think ZATMOS looks really nice. Even now, it definitely causes people to stop and watch for a bit when they walk by.

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady » March 14th, 2017, 11:05 am

Even now, it definitely causes people to stop and watch for a bit when they walk by.
So where would I have to go to walk by?

You are a terrible tease!