Concept Art

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Concept Art

Post by BasiliskWrangler » November 8th, 2017, 10:48 pm

A while back I posted some early concept art for what was to become "TRP". These images are outdated and have been replaced, so I don't refer to them anymore, but technically they do still represent areas in the game. Since I don't remember where I originally posted therm, here they are again.

This in response to some update requests I've been getting... I promise, I am working night and day to get this RPG done. I know Basilisk Games has been deathly quiet for a few years now, but some real information on this new game is coming! This is a BIG game and I am still largely a one-man show (with some valuable help from others!) so please be patient.

Concept #1

Concept #2

Concept #3
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.

Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Re: Concept Art

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom » November 10th, 2017, 8:45 pm

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Since I don't remember where I originally posted therm, here they are again.
Basilisk Update 2016 from nearly two years ago.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler » November 10th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
November 10th, 2017, 8:45 pm
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Since I don't remember where I originally posted therm, here they are again.
Basilisk Update 2016 from nearly two years ago.
TY, PM. Yep, that fits the timeline well.

* About 2 years ago (pretty much January 1, 2016) I had the design doc for TRP finished, concept art made, and Unity up and running. I put about 8 months of basic engine work in on the RPG (testing different engine styles) and learning Blender as well (I had used 3DS Max on Eschalon). Anytime I wanted to try a new Unity feature out, I added it to a little space shooter project so I wouldn't bog down the RPG engine with "training code" that likely wouldn't stay in.

* In autumn of 2016, the Zodiac idea came to be, and I burned 6 months up on that (but it was continued hands-on training with Unity, so not a total lost). By the time I mothballed Zodiac, I had a mind full of fresh ideas for the RPG and valuable experience on how to best implement them. I also feel like I really became proficient in Blender during my time with Zodiac.

* In spring 2017, I picked up the RPG again and have been working non-stop ever since

Whew! I'll work my ass off through the end of the year and then try to give you some more info on the game when we hit the 2 year mark of my first real "post-Eschalon RPG" update.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady » November 11th, 2017, 8:56 am

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
November 10th, 2017, 11:31 pm
Whew! I'll work my ass off through the end of the year and then try to give you some more info on the game when we hit the 2 year mark of my first real "post-Eschalon RPG" update.
Make the update a Christmas present to your loyal fans :roll: