Geneforge 1 - Mutagen (Spiderweb Software)

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Geneforge 1 - Mutagen (Spiderweb Software)

Post by Randomizer »

Coming February 24th, Geneforge 1 - Mutagen, the remake of Geneforge 1, by Spiderweb Software.

http://spiderwebsoftware.com/geneforge/index.html

A complete remake of the original game with a new game engine, combat system, new quests, and new items. Plenty of hours and replay ability with different endings depending on what you decide to do in the game. You can choose from three different classes: Guardian (fighter), Agent (magic user), or Shaper (create monsters to help you).
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Geneforge 1 - Mutagen (Spiderweb Software)

Post by SpottedShroom »

Every time I see a post like this I get excited and then I realize Spiderweb still isn't making Linux versions of their games.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The only Linux game version is a really old Exile 3.

Jeff doesn't like to program or learn new programming and hasn't had a third party offering to do a Linux port for his games that he's mentioned. The only reason there was an Android version was a company came an offered to do it the one time. However the work to make different sized versions of the graphic to fit different screen sizes made it not worth doing again.
Coronius
Pledge

Post by Coronius »

Randomizer wrote: February 21st, 2021, 10:35 pm Coming February 24th, Geneforge 1 - Mutagen, the remake of Geneforge 1, by Spiderweb Software.

http://spiderwebsoftware.com/geneforge/index.html

A complete remake of the original game with a new game engine, combat system, new quests, and new items. Plenty of hours and replay ability with different endings depending on what you decide to do in the game. You can choose from three different classes: Guardian (fighter), Agent (magic user), or Shaper (create monsters to help you).
Great news, thanks for sharing. I'm really looking forward to this update, which will really be a breath of fresh air for me, because lately I have been awake at night and looking for a software developer who will create a quality product for my travel business. At this link I found a very cool article on why it is important to create software that optimizes my work and makes life easier for tourists. Who has experience in this area?