Age Of Decadence

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Age Of Decadence

Post by ttomm46 »

Has anyone bought the game yet?..Any opinions of the game play? :D
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Age Of Decadence

Post by Painted Lady »

I had given up on AofD ever making it out of beta. It must have the longest development cycle in history.
I'll probably buy it (and fire up my old PC) after the holiday crunch is over. Would love to know what others think of it.
IIRC someone said it wasn't "low magic", it was "no magic." Sounded like it could be fun for your average hardcore masochist gamer.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

I been doing the demo from steam and combat seems pretty brutal so far..
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

think i played the demo and didnt like the gameplay.

but i cant find where it is on my pc and desura is being stupid.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

I checked out GOG and the reviews of people who bought it are all over the place.....Being 30 bucks i'm hesitating :shock:
vdweller
Senior Steward

Post by vdweller »

Played a merchant.

Lots of dialogue, you have to pay attention. Got involved in zero combat (although I bought super cool armor and fought once in the arena).

The later parts of the game feel rushed, as well as the endings.

I disliked that some content was locked as the story progressed (there's this place called the Abyss. I tried to explore it once but wasn't skilled enough. Came back later only to find an asshole guard forbidding entrance. What about my persuade/bribe/impersonate options there?). Arguably, it created the feeling that the game world isn't waiting for the center-of-the-universe character to catch up, but a game with so many alternative paths pushes player expectations to present alternatives in almost every situation.

Overall it was a refreshing experience, a strong break from those retarded modern "RPG"s with 234364254 polygons and SHOOTING MOAR BOOLITZ! Let's hope more games like AOD are in the way.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

I'll probably wait before I buy.. :shock: