Golden Land?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
JewelCG
Apprentice

Golden Land?

Post by JewelCG »

Alright, I'm cruising through Game Spot's listing of rpgs just to see if I can spot anything interesting that I've missed out on and I come across this game... Golden Land. It's supposedly To Be Announced. Cool. Then I see the date is 2002. Ooookay. So alright, maybe Game Spot is lax, I think. I'll go search it out. The screens and descript make it worth a few minutes of my time. But.. nothing. I can't find a thing on this game. The official game site is belly up. It would appear that the game was created and never released....?

Anyone ever heard of this title?
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Golden Land?

Post by Iane »

JewelCG wrote:Alright, I'm cruising through Game Spot's listing of rpgs just to see if I can spot anything interesting that I've missed out on and I come across this game... Golden Land. It's supposedly To Be Announced. Cool. Then I see the date is 2002. Ooookay. So alright, maybe Game Spot is lax, I think. I'll go search it out. The screens and descript make it worth a few minutes of my time. But.. nothing. I can't find a thing on this game. The official game site is belly up. It would appear that the game was created and never released....?

Anyone ever heard of this title?
It was released maybe just hard to find - they also did a V2 as "GOLDEN LAND 2:COLD HEAVEN" http://burut.ru/eng/products/
JewelCG
Apprentice

Post by JewelCG »

Thanks Iane

Couldn't get any of the links to work for either game.. Too bad. I wanted to give it a go.

However, on another note, their newest game 'It's Hard to be a God' is about to be released and looks worthy of giving a look see. Just might do it, once they have an english version demo out.

On another side note.. I noticed, in perusing the very extensive list of rpgs on Game Spot that there are quite a few games that have released, or are being released in Europe that we never see over here in the US.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

JewelCG wrote:Thanks Iane

Couldn't get any of the links to work for either game.. Too bad. I wanted to give it a go.

However, on another note, their newest game 'It's Hard to be a God' is about to be released and looks worthy of giving a look see. Just might do it, once they have an english version demo out.

On another side note.. I noticed, in perusing the very extensive list of rpgs on Game Spot that there are quite a few games that have released, or are being released in Europe that we never see over here in the US.
Yep waiting for that also - maybe those other 2 were not released in english - shame really but lets hope "It's Hard to be a God" is :D