Pillars of Eternity II swipe from Eschalon ;-)

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Pillars of Eternity II swipe from Eschalon ;-)

Post by SpottedShroom »

I always assumed Eschalon's exploding barrels were inspired by the ones in Ultima 6. They were incredibly useful there, mainly for blowing doors off their hinges.

https://lparchive.org/Ultima-4-5-and-6/ ... _14_02.png
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

@mercy: I believe BW has stated in the past that the new RPG will be 3D.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

MyGameCompany wrote: June 29th, 2017, 8:46 pm @mercy: I believe BW has stated in the past that the new RPG will be 3D.
I remembered, just hoped they didn't decide to do a 3D game with strict top-down or platformer camera angles.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

suspense.png
suspense.png (98.1 KiB) Viewed 20216 times
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Played a bit of PoE 2 yesterday and got my first chance to blow up a gunpowder barrel. You can actually break the barrel without it exploding, also, and create a little pile of gunpowder to then blow up. I didn't test its effectiveness that way, as I wasn't intending on breaking the barrel that first time. I wanted to use it to blow up a panther. Anyway, the effect is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to other opportunities to do it.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: June 24th, 2017, 1:17 pm Hmm, yes those exploding barrels are cutting edge, Obsidian. You need to give a raise to whomever came up with that one. :roll:

There's a lot of new role-playing concepts in our upcoming SciFi RPG that Obsidian may be interested in swiping. :wink:
When these bunch of thieves came out with Tyranny I couldn't believe my ears and eyes: They have stolen much of amazing Blackguards I.-II. lore, ideas, world design. WOW!!!

When Pillars of SHTternity 1. was still new, one of the combat mod makers admitted the combat later in game becoming a horrible mess. And they came out with a sequel. :-o