What are you currently playing?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by blatherbeard »

I loved grim dawn, need to get back to it as wehn i played it was still under development.

Wife bought us a ps4 because she wanted Detroit Become Human, so i bought Horizon Zero Dawn. Probably one of the best purchases of a game ive bought for a console in a long time. 30 bucks, very fun, graphics are insane. Even being someone who cant usually play with a controller, i do ok with this one.

It kind of plays like Far Cry gameplay wise, so since i love that series its probably why i get into the gameplay pretty easily. And the story is super interesting.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

The Steam Summer Sale is live.... noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Can't.... Stop.... Buying games.... :o :shock: :mrgreen:
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 1:11 pmRight now I'm playing Hollow Knight and more than 30 hours in. The atmosphere and exploration is great. The beginning could have done with a bit of story though as you're just dumped on the outskirts of a village and have no idea what you're doing.
I find the end of this paragraph amusing since I've completed the game. Subtle storytelling, you can reach the first ending with only knowing the very basics of the story. The last free content pack is coming on the 23rd of August which I'm looking forward to.

Couple of weeks ago I played Sonic Mania - Encore DLC which I found disappointing. Encore mode is basically the levels from Sonic Mania with a new colour palette and life system with a few modifications to the levels of which I am hard pressed to remember. There is no new boss at the end if you collect all the chaos emeralds, even though it is teased if you reach the end without getting them all.

My favourite addition is the character Ray and his flying ability which is different from Tails. The new special stages in encore mode are harder than the actual game! This DLC could have done with some new zones, a minute on Angel Island and a different first act to Mirage Saloon isn't enough. I'd wait for a sale although I suppose £3.99 isn't much these days.

Right now I'm playing Tower of Time and I like it. The game doesn't seem to be very well graphically optimized though, as I've had to turn the settings down in-game. I also get a couple of seconds pause sometimes when navigating through some of the menus which is odd. I don't think English is their first language either which adds to the charm to the dialogue but there are quite a number of spelling and grammar mistakes but they are easily fixed.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

I'm doing Din's curse right now...Good fun..
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Just bought a killer pc so im replaying Mad Max, big difference since my other built computer for sure.

My mainstay right now is Trails of the sky. Finished FC not too long ago and am now in the 4th chapter of SC. Cant wait to move on to Cold Steel as long as the story is still tight and the gameplay mechanics dont change too much.

Also found out that the DX12 games i have, dont actually run well or at all using DX12..... so ill just have to settle for DX11 looking amazing instead ;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Wow, just realized it has been awhile since I posted here. I just completed a cross-country move from California to Michigan. We've been here one month now, and are just finally starting to get settled in.

Anyway, since my original post, I finished Breath of the Wild and Avernum 3. Loved them both! Also played through Ys VIII and Battle Chasers Nightwar, both of which I enjoyed.

Am currently playing through Starlink: Battle for Atlas on my Nintendo Switch. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Exploring the star system and different planet surfaces is fun, and the combat is exciting too. I love how they integrated Star Fox into it. Some of the side quests for the outposts can get a little tedious, but I've been able to acquire some epic-level augments for my ship and weapons in the process, so I've found it worthwhile. Even though it's pretty pricy to collect all the real life toys, I enjoy swapping the physical ship parts and customizing my ride. Plus I'm a collector by nature so I've tracked down all the ships, pilots, and weapon packs. Even got the 2 GameStop and Target exclusives. It's fun building and flying some real Frankenstein-type ships!

I've also picked up Mega Man 11 and Octopath Traveler. I'm looking forward to playing through those over the holidays.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 also looks interesting. Anyone have any experience with that?
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

Tactics Ogre PSP One Vision MOD. TBS
Super-amazing!!
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

I picked up Pathfinder Kingmaker about a week ago, but I haven't managed to get too far into it just yet. I'm playing a human cleric and just became a baron.
Heavy Metal Monk
Apprentice

Post by Heavy Metal Monk »

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted here too. I also just completed a big move from Toronto to Tokyo, also about to have my first kid so big changes all around.

I've been replaying Ys: Oath in Felghana (PC version this time) and some CS:GO. Probably going to jump into Shadowrun: Hong Kong in the near future.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

Atom RPG

Not the most polished but challenging..14.95 on GOG..Russian made indie..Very similar to Fallout,the original..

.https://www.gog.com/game/atom_rpg_posta ... indie_game