At last...

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Gothmog
Marshall

At last...

Post by Gothmog »

So at last they are still out there...the real RPG players. And i mean SINGLE Computer Role Playing Game!!!
No damn Massive or Multiplayer.
I want to see a Game where i can save my character and use this savegame for the next part of the series. A feature long forgotten?!
And tactical combat. Turnbased. Hell....i love my Jagged Alliance, Fallout and ...someone Remember Amberstar on the Amiga?
A great Story and not always the same "Save the World/Princess/Whatsoever" CRAP.
I like to see a game that takes lot of care of all the little things that are alltogether create something like "ATMOSPHERE". Something i find in Games like Systemshock, Dungeon Master, The BardsTale series.
I give a damn about the latest HD-Mega graphics. Give me a RPG with soul and a good story and you saved my day. Who cares about shader 3.0? Yeah...Oblivion is great Eyecandy...i quit playing after a week. There is something missing in this game. A feeling that i had when i was playing "Eye of the Beholder" or "Ultima". A feeling that i was a part of a living world, not of a graphic-demo!
So i hope this one is a return to old school RPGs. Go on guys....save the world :wink:
"FUL IR"
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Couldn't have said it better myself, Gothmog!
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

Don't care about saving my character and using him again:/ But other than that i think you're right:)
And systemshock sure is a great game:) Nice and scary...
lost the first one though and only have the second:(
Sanctus
Marshall

Post by Sanctus »

I to wanth to use my char on the the next games(even if at the end i have a char lvl 568932 with dmg 734874893489)
But I would like the game to be made so that u can't play the next ones if u didnt played the first
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

Character follow-through should only really happen if Book II is a continuation of the events of Book I. Otherwise, it wouldn't really make a lot of sense. Book II may tell a different story in a different part of the world, in which case a new character (or group.. though I prefer a single character who gathers a party of NPCs, as in the Baldur's Gate games, Arcanum or Fallout rather than a party of characters the player makes themselves, like the Icewind Dale games, for example) would be the logical way to go.

But subsequent chapters being playable without having played the preceeding games is a must, I'd think.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
Sanctus
Marshall

Post by Sanctus »

Yeah good thinking... It wouldn't be fun to continue you char if the new story has nothing to do with the last one
May the sky never fall on your head
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

Sanctus wrote:But I would like the game to be made so that u can't play the next ones if u didnt played the first
I really don't think thats the way to go for a not so known developer. In the end they would scare away new people..