Diablo 3 confirmed

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Diablo 3: Fans Outraged!

Post by Evnissyen »

Hmm.... It seem's that some people are a little more than upset that their Diablo 3 colors won't be quite drained enough for their taste.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Diablo 3 confirmed

Post by dare49devil »

-Freaking Huge Bump! Let us put this baby back in action!

-New trailers and footage is up, more screenies and everything.

-I am quite excited.

-I LOVED DIABLO! Obsessed! Sorry, there isn't really a huge...back story and that. I don't know, there something about it.

-It is definitely the action side. And it kicked ass.

-I am quite pumped...The monk trailer sparked such curiosity...Haha.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

I found that one of the most annoying features of Diablo II (even with the expansion) was the restriction of space in one's "stash" trunk. It was almost Draconian, and totally unnecessary.

The all-action-no-intrigue aspect also tends to make me think, whenever I go in to replay, "what's the point of all this?" It doesn't have much replay value for me, except to see what kinds of cool stuff each character can do.

I also have rarely liked games that stressed me out.

That said, as contradictory as it might sound: I'd be looking forward to Diablo III if I could be assured that it would play on my system -- I fear and suspect that it won't (since my specs are too low to handle a lot of games).

...sigh...
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

By the way, I wonder if this game will ever be released...?
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Last I read, the game was not in their 2010 plans, and they're nixing the skill tree.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

No skill tree? What's so programming-intensive about a skill tree that they have to get rid of it? Or do they have something more interesting in mind?

...By the way, Bernie, have you heard if they've decided to work on an ongoing narrative, yet? Or are they still more interested in allowing Barbarians to knock down walls?

...Well, I shouldn't be critical. Diablo is Diablo, after all. If I want a narrative I can always go to Neverwinter Nights, for example.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

CrazyBernie wrote:Last I read, the game was not in their 2010 plans, and they're nixing the skill tree.
-Yeah, 2011.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Evnissyen wrote:No skill tree? What's so programming-intensive about a skill tree that they have to get rid of it? Or do they have something more interesting in mind?

...By the way, Bernie, have you heard if they've decided to work on an ongoing narrative, yet? Or are they still more interested in allowing Barbarians to knock down walls?

...Well, I shouldn't be critical. Diablo is Diablo, after all. If I want a narrative I can always go to Neverwinter Nights, for example.
They haven't really released much by way of details... just that they're testing a different form of skillset. The skills will still be there, it's just the tree format they're changing. A lot of people are guessing that it'll be a "use it to level it" sort of system, but I really hope that if they do anything it's more like Fallout or Eschalon... or at least a combination of the two systems.

As far as narrative... it's an action heavy RPG. Don't expect much more than the usual Diablo fare.
dare49devil wrote:
CrazyBernie wrote:Last I read, the game was not in their 2010 plans, and they're nixing the skill tree.
-Yeah, 2011.
Don't believe anything you read from anywhere but the source.
Blizzard Entertainment wrote:It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players. We're aiming to release Diablo III on both Mac and Windows simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages. We'll have more details to share about countries, languages, and specific dates as we get closer to release.
The game has already been classified by Blizzard as one to be released "within the next few years." Sure, they might finish it for 2011, but keep in mind they're also working on Starcraft II, WoW, upgrading Battle.net, and another MMO. Delays happen... more so when you merge with another, more money grubbing company. They've said before that Starcraft II will come first, and you can't expect them to want to overlap releases too much as it would hurt their bottom line.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-Don't crush my dreams.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Unfortunately, my dreams are made to be crushed.

...Sigh... .