Great party-based old-school crpgs?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Tiavals
Initiate

Post by Tiavals »

Well, I can't believe anyone would love Wasteland, since the interface is so horrible it it impossible to play. Not to mention all of it's other bad qualities, such as no dialogue and such. Sure, it has some extremely good qualities that would be great to have in today's games, but that doesn't mean it's a good game by any stretch in today's world.
shaf
Initiate

Post by shaf »

Wasn't Dragon Wars based on the Wasteland engine.
sapper_astro
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by sapper_astro »

Well, I can't believe anyone would love Wasteland, since the interface is so horrible it it impossible to play. Not to mention all of it's other bad qualities, such as no dialogue and such. Sure, it has some extremely good qualities that would be great to have in today's games, but that doesn't mean it's a good game by any stretch in today's world.
Heh, I urge anyone to try Demons Winter and Deathlord, and then try Wasteland.

And yes, Dragon Wars was slightly based on the Wasteland engine in Skill use, etc. However, Dragon Wars is more of a Bards tale like game with a lot more options and ways to complete various quests. Awesome game, you should give it a whirl.
shaf
Initiate

Post by shaf »

I'd love to retry Dragon Wars unfortunately it won't play on my A4000. It only worked with Kickstart 1.1 and I got rid of my A1000 2 years ago.

Shaf
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Anyone taken a look at Shattered Light from http://www.ensigngames.com/sl.htm
sapper_astro
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by sapper_astro »

I'd love to retry Dragon Wars unfortunately it won't play on my A4000. It only worked with Kickstart 1.1 and I got rid of my A1000 2 years ago.
Just play it on Windows. The graphics are not quite as good as an Amiga, but because I played the C64 version, that never affected me. The sound was never a big thing of the game either so no need to worry there.

Besides, I reckon all of us here are not that concerned with graphics ;)