Knights of the Chalice

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Knights of the Chalice

Post by blatherbeard »

thanks pm, ill give it a go tonight, just downloaded the 1.15.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Will probably buy it but the first impressions are not for more than 10 bucks.

First battle i had, whole party and the dwarf i wanted to save died in about 2 minutes.

didnt seem to have an inventory, or couldnt access it during battle anyway.

Not clear how to attack/defend right away but liked the interfaces after realizing how they worked.

Still dont think its worth 20 bucks.

but would probably pay 20, if they didnt want 25.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
blatherbeard wrote:First battle i had, whole party and the dwarf i wanted to save died in about 2 minutes.
Does your Wizard have the spell Blur? Cast it on the Dwarf and he will gain 20% concealment. I too remember being frustrated about this encounter but please note what I said about the difficulty of the demo.

Yeah i had forgotten that you said the demo seemed to be much harder than the actual game.

I do believe the mage had blur, and ill fully admit i had no idea what i was doing when i fired up the game and fully intend to re-start and give it a go, those were more just first impressions than anything else. Still dont think id pay over 20 bucks for the game and maybe 10 was a bit harsh. Ive prob paid 15 to 20 for games i never even played heh. (or at least never finished...which is most of my games really)

edited--
ps. fired up the game again, and liked the outcome of the battle this time lol. A bit hard to read everything because of the resolution, but other than that , and a level cap, cant bitch too much about the game and the game mechanics really. LIke playing an old skool game of dnd with a dm that has it out for you ;) (which isnt always bad!) Does hurt the eyes after a time though.

Have to figure out how to heal and rest but after that i think its def a decent game for sure.

still on the fence on the price point though, but that could change with a few more tries at playing!

vdweller
Senior Steward

Post by vdweller »

My goodness, this is the weirdest graphical projection I've ever seen in a game! Is it ortho...top...10degrees view... Neck...hurts...

Also, the price seems a bit too much. Even if the game has tons of content, prospective buyers might be skeptical.

If you would like my complete opinion on that, it's not the game's fault. It's that the Games Industry(TM) has become some sort of meat grinder, where 10,000 games a day pop up either free or for a buck. So it's a niche niche niche audience who will be tempted to give this game a chance.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

Heroic Fantasy Games have released their first video of KOTC II. The fireball spell animation is nice.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I